Exhaust stack

/ Exhaust stack #1  

wmonroe

Elite Member
Tractor
1958 Ford 961 Powermaster
Why do they not put an exhaust stack on the L series but they do on the M series? Also can the M series exhaust be bolted to an L series machine? I prefer the exhaust coming out above the machine as opposed to coming out on the loader/front end/air intake area.
And it just looks cooler.

/ Exhaust stack #2  
They do it to keep your left foot warm. I've been wondering the same thing. It is a bit annoying when the weather is 100+

/ Exhaust stack #3  
I believe that Kubota advertises the L-series more as a commercial landscape/estate maintenance tractor and the M-series as an ag tractor. If you do a lot of mowing and landscape work around trees you tend to appreciate not having the exhaust stack in the way. If you are working open land, having an exhaust stack is the only way to go.

/ Exhaust stack #4  
I believe that Kubota advertises the L-series more as a commercial landscape/estate maintenance tractor and the M-series as an ag tractor. If you do a lot of mowing and landscape work around trees you tend to appreciate not having the exhaust stack in the way. If you are working open land, having an exhaust stack is the only way to go.

That actually makes sense to me, although I'd like a stack on my L3400 too.

/ Exhaust stack #5  
The vertical stack on our CX80 was broken several times due to hitting trees, so maybe it's not such a good idea on "Estate Tractors"; it would be nice to have that option though.

/ Exhaust stack #6  
I have a "down exhaust" on my M8540. The "down exhaust" is a different exhaust/muffler that goes down from the engine and shoots out to the left -- right below and in front of your left foot. (The "stock" one is the classic straight up the top exhaust/muffler.) I did this so I could get my tractor in my garage.

I can say that in the summer months, that exhaust can really pump some heat in the open station area. I haven't had my left foot get "cooked" like my riding mower does, but it does warm up the whole station.

With R4s, a "down exhaust" and a ROPS, my tractor looks like a low rider!

/ Exhaust stack #7  
My left foot gets so hot I moved my piled-up chain that I keep on the floor board over so I can get my foot up at least a little bit. Helps a tiny bit.

So ... Is there a stack exhaust that will fit a Grand L?

/ Exhaust stack
My left foot gets so hot I moved my piled-up chain that I keep on the floor board over so I can get my foot up at least a little bit. Helps a tiny bit.

So ... Is there a stack exhaust that will fit a Grand L?

This is what i'm wondering also. Does anyone have both a M and grand L that they can compare engine layout and exhaust routing to see if the stack system off of a M would possible bolt up to the grand L?

/ Exhaust stack #9  
This is what i'm wondering also. Does anyone have both a M and grand L that they can compare engine layout and exhaust routing to see if the stack system off of a M would possible bolt up to the grand L?

I don't have a Grand L but I do have an M. My buddy also owns an MX which is suppose to be the same chassis as a Grand L.

I can takes some photos of my "down exhaust" on my M and can also take some pics of my friend's MX.

If you take some pics of the Grand L we can compare them online via photos.

If my "down exhaust" is close to your normal exhaust an M regular stack should work.

/ Exhaust stack #10  
Here are some pics of my down exhaust on my M8540HD12 (ROPS). The stock stack on the Ms go straight up where mine is going down. This is for the ROPS model. On the CAB model, the exhaust shoots out the top of the right side and straight up the front right pillar.

As you can see, my down exhaust (and therefore the stock stack on the ROPS model) is on the left side.

If the exhaust on your L is like mine, the M stack should work or be workable.

My muffler is sitting cross-ways on top on my engine all the way to the rear of the engine compartment. So the exhaust comes out of the turbo on the left rear of the engine, up to the muffler that is real close, in the left end of the muffler, through the muffler and back out the same left end of the muffler, then down to the pipe you see in the pictures. You can see the turbo in the last pic.

Attachments

• IMG_2426_small.jpg
    IMG_2426_small.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2427_small.jpg
    IMG_2427_small.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2428_small.jpg
    IMG_2428_small.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_2430_small.jpg
    IMG_2430_small.jpg