Ethanol Free Gas

/ Ethanol Free Gas #51  
FYI: My car has gone thru several O2 sensors in it's life (4). In the latest episode, the Check Engine light came on again and rather than scheduling a fix at the dealer, I decided to live with it a while in this condition. Yes the mileage went down. But when I refueled it with E0 gas available at the local Sunoco station (called 'recreational fuel'), the light went out after about 100 miles. I usually buy gas at the local Costco, but all this jogged my memory. Each time the O2 sensor went on vacation, I had filled up from another station out of town. I believe the condition of the gas at that station out in Webberville which has E15 is the cause of the engine control issue. The O2 sensor gets 'polluted' from the E15. When I refuel at Costco, the light eventually goes out.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #52  
Never ran E0 in anything. Never had an issue. Snowblower I run as low as I can, turn off fuel and run till empty. All 2 stroke never an issue, other than dry rotted fuel lines. Guessing 20+ years old.
87 around here is $3.29
E0 is $4.89. Not spending that on my drivers...
Tried 93 for a couple of tanks, suppose to improve fuel mileage. Nope, went down a minor amount. Only thing for sure, at $4.39 my wallet was lighter...
Some of you folk have some cheap gas. Jelous

/ Ethanol Free Gas #53  
feel fortunate to have 91 ethanol free (today) @ 3.49. run it in all my small engines truck & sports car. only the "newer" '06 crv gets the regular junk

/ Ethanol Free Gas #54  
Property Tax is a burden to be sure… I had thought the voters were loud and clear with I-747 in Washington State but the important part got tossed after the fact.

Something wrong when it takes 7 months rent to cover property tax…

Several of my Washington neighbors have left WA stating the high cost of living always citing Thurston County Property
Can't blame them.

Last edited:
   / Ethanol Free Gas #56  
I had to Google if some states actually require ethanol in gas, seven states do. A couple only require 2% but the rest require E10. Washington is on of those that require E10.
So there we are and like I first thought, state required!
Thankyou, Dodgeman!!!!

/ Ethanol Free Gas #57  
If memory serves the nearest WA locations are often on Reservation Land?

/ Ethanol Free Gas #58  
   / Ethanol Free Gas #59  
So you being the expert here, who is stopping every true American from buying EO at their friendly gas station, humm?
Oh, I'm far from an expert on this, but having lived in CA I know all too well how rules and regulations can work. Or make things not work as the case may be.

I also know that I can't get E0 delivered here (I tend to buy fuel in bulk) because they don't have delivery trucks set up for it.

One time I loaded a 200-gallon tank and had it filled some 100 miles away, but found that E0 didn't really help anything. A non-vented tank helped, as do treating E10.

Trust me, with several older vehicles I'd love to have ethanol free gas, but it's just not practical for me. And no, as far as I know I don't own stock in any corn farms.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #60  
E0 is $6/gal by me so I have started adding Stabil additive to all my small engine fuel. The cars go through gas weekly and they are 2019 models so I suspect they handle the. E10 just fine.