Snowblower Erskine snowblower

/ Erskine snowblower #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
Any-one familar with the Erskine pull rear mount snowblower?
Looks like a nice unit,hav'nt found a price on one yet.

/ Erskine snowblower #3  
Erskine is a top-of-the-line blower. Nice units, if you can afford one.

/ Erskine snowblower #4  
I am a Erskine Dealer and have sold more skid steer attachments than snow blowers.

The quality is there but, does come with a price. I have drop shipped all snow blower sales in the past direct from the factory.

If I can help you let me know.

Jinma Dealer, Wood Chipper , Compact Jinma Tractors

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Erskine snowblower #6  
I got a 601RP with the hydraulic chute rotator this year and have been very happy with it. I got it direct from the factory. My salesman (Scott) was great to work with and was very responsive to, and patient with, the questions I had.

The unit is solidly built and handled 6" of slush and 18" of snow (different storms) with equal ease. I wish the unit was a little wider as it's basically the same width as rear wheels. Wheel compaction is a non-issue. The cutter edge goes down to the level you set.

It wasn't cheap but it's build like a tank.

/ Erskine snowblower #7  
Are you folks using the rear-pull blowers on pavement only? I'm wondering how it would work on a rural gravel and grass driveway and yard? Thanks.

/ Erskine snowblower #8  
I use mine on a gravel driveway. Until things freeze up you have to watch the height of the unit. I slung a whole bunch of gravel onto the yard by not paying attention. I think this year I'll pay more attention on my toplink adjustment so that I won't have this issue again.

/ Erskine snowblower #10  
We have an Erskine pull type snowblower on the farm in North Dakota since 1975 or so. It was a good investment especially because it didnt snow for a few years after Dad bought it. It has a wing extension on one side. I would not have one without that. It has seen some rough use through the years, on gravel road and around feedlot, origionally had problems with the shaft slipping in the bearings (moving forward or backwards. Had to reinforce the hanger bearing mount, reinforce the impeller, wing mount replace cutting edges. It is a good style of snowblower for long roads and runways as you have alot more gears foreward than reverse and dont have to back up