Eradicating moles

/ Eradicating moles #21  
Why, exactly do we hate moles?

/ Eradicating moles #22  
Why, exactly do we hate moles?
They undermined my above ground pool, popped the liner, and sent 12,500 gallons of water through my garage. 🙃

That was the start. Before that, I didn't have too much concern for them. That year, I killed 29 of them before winter.

For the next 5-6 years I stopped counting at 50 each year. So there's a tad over 300 on 1 acre in 6-7 years. Then they just stopped. I only got about a dozen for the next few years, and now I get 1 or 2 a year, so I haven't set a trap in about 5 years, unless they get near the pool area.

They are fascinating critters. Something like twice the red blood cells as humans per CC. That's why they can breath in the tunnels. If a mole was the size of a human, they could stand between parked cars and push them apart. They are beneficial to the environment, aerating the soil, providing channels for oxygen, water and nutrients. Nature's little tillers. They don't eat vegetables, so they don't harm garden plants or landscape plants.

They undermine asphalt driveways (like mine), creating cracks all the way across. They do the same for concrete sidewalks at joints, causing slabs to sink (like mine). They undermine swimming pools, creating paths under the liners that can cause weak spots and collapse (like mine). They create paths for voles and mice. If you see nickel-size holes in mole tunnels, that's a sign of voles. Voles eat vegetable and ornamental roots. Mole tunnels can create paths for water along foundations, never a good thing.

So, just like all wildlife, I don't hate them. I don't go out in the woods looking for them. I let them have the backyard. But once they cross the perimeter I've set up, they have to be dealt with and that's that.

A6D38D6B-E52A-4B6C-9B27-14B71907C119.jpeg

/ Eradicating moles #23  
Mossroad, I see that you have your reasons.
it is entirely different from my situation.
I love the moles and have come to respect them in this rocky world we live in.
If I need a bucket or two, of finely screened dirt... moles fill the bill.
The moles do that for me.
The more moles I have, the more i see how they earn their way. I'm not getting to grt id of therm.

/ Eradicating moles #24  
Obviously need one of these !
Has to be better than plutonium , my other choice !

/ Eradicating moles #25  
I got a pull behind spike aerator Not the plug type, supposedly it kills the grubs which moles eat. Since the mole population has went elsewhere plus the grass grows and looks better.

/ Eradicating moles #26  
if any of you are friends with a farmer and they have grain bins ask them if they have any phostoxin.its a pellet that gives off gas when taken out of the container.place a few of them into the ground where the mole has been.you will have a dead mole shortly.guaranteed.phostoxin is used to treat grain bins for bugs

/ Eradicating moles #27  
I wonder if moles might be the solution to the jumping worm invasion in my area?

/ Eradicating moles #29  
I don’t know about moles, but this works well for gophers.

This is what I use and the minefield I bought into with home purchase is no more.

Now it is simple... at first sighting of activity my answer is Answer.

The tree farm just got a Rodenator so more to follow.

That place was over run with in ground squirrels... worst ever seen.

/ Eradicating moles #30  
This is what I use and the minefield I bought into with home purchase is no more.

Now it is simple... at first sighting of activity my answer is Answer.

The tree farm just got a Rodenator so more to follow.

That place was over run with in ground squirrels... worst ever seen.
I have had a lot of ground squirrels the past few years. After live trapping and removing almost 20, I decided to get tough and now use Eaton’s Answer. They can cause a lot of damage.