Eradicating moles

/ Eradicating moles #101  
   / Eradicating moles
if any of you are friends with a farmer and they have grain bins ask them if they have any phostoxin.its a pellet that gives off gas when taken out of the container.place a few of them into the ground where the mole has been.you will have a dead mole shortly.guaranteed.phostoxin is used to treat grain bins for bugs
no grain bins around here...we'd have no grain anyway bc we are in a Stage 5 Exceptional drought and no rain in 9 weeks...it's devastating.

/ Eradicating moles
They are like miniature Road Flares. Toxic chemical smoke flows through the tunnels. I have seen them dig themselves up and out of molehills for beheading. TSC has them in 5 pack.
Gord, does it do anything to the grass roots or soil ? has to burn the area it's in....I like the beheading topic...i'm ready !!

/ Eradicating moles #104  
I heard Victor has cheapened their Out O Sights. Has any of you users seen this? I don't have an old one-to-one compare.

/ Eradicating moles
I heard Victor has cheapened their Out O Sights. Has any of you users seen this? I don't have an old one-to-one compare.
Yes, you are correct.

For about the last 3 yrs, the spring is made of aluminum like material and is nothing like the prior robust springs...there is no comparison from the comparative pic's I saw...the new ones won't even clamp down fully if any soil is caught btw trap and mole...how are you not going to be dealing w soil when trying to trap moles in your yard, full of soil...

/ Eradicating moles #106  
Yes, you are correct.

For about the last 3 yrs, the spring is made of aluminum like material and is nothing like the prior robust springs...there is no comparison from the comparative pic's I saw...the new ones won't even clamp down fully if any soil is caught btw trap and mole...how are you not going to be dealing w soil when trying to trap moles in your yard, full of soil...
Thx

/ Eradicating moles #107  
My native ground here is mostly hardpan, I am surprised moles can get through it. Whenever I need to dig a hole I use a 5 foot bale spear to break up the soil, it is that hard. When the place was built they did bring in some topsoil for around the house which gives the moles easier digging, but they do come and go from those areas.

/ Eradicating moles #108  
Yes, you are correct.

Thanks for letting me know about it. Iā€™ve read the reviews, and am saddened. These things were like little bear traps. Could easily hurt your hands if you werenā€™t careful. But they worked extremely well, were very powerful, and worked in any soil type. Complaints in the reviews now say thereā€™s cast aluminum and the spring isnā€™t powerful enough to close the trap in heavier soils. And the new setting bars bend on the old traps.

The Victor web site has about 14 reviews, all negative, with replies from victor saying something about a required design change. SO my guess is some bean counters said they could save money OR someone got injured and they were forced to change their design. Just guesses on my part, though.

Bummer. :(

/ Eradicating moles #109  
Maybe someone injured and claimed the spring too powerful?