Electric chute rotator for Land Pride SB1051 snowblower

/ Electric chute rotator for Land Pride SB1051 snowblower #1  

DanMc77

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4600, JD 2210, JD 332
Last winter I picked up the SB1051 rear PTO snowblower to run on our JD2210 tractor. It was a pleasure to clear our snow using this beast, however..... The manual crank for rotating the chute is a real POS. The crank itself has a small diameter, and to compound that problem, it required cranking with a fully extended arm. Needless to say, this had to go. The Kubota dealer (Land Pride is owned by Kubota), had a hydraulic solution which would have cost close to half what I paid for the blower itself, and it involved an accumulation of parts that didn't seem to be much of a kit.

I had contemplated coming up with some kind of electric rotator, or improving the crank, but never got past the point of just pondering ideas. Then I came across a youtube video put together by a guy in PA that came up with an electric rotator system for the slightly larger Land Pride blower, but it also bolts right on to the 1051.

So for half the price of what Kubota wants for a hydraulic system, and eliminating the need for installing a power beyond kit on the tractor, I was able to get a kit to put on my blower and have an electric rotator running in a couple hours of install time. It's an amazing addition to the blower giving me instant rotation and the ability to put the snow exactly where it should go.

I am not involved in the sale of these things, just wanted to pass along that such a kit is available. My son in law has a JD2305 with the same blower. He also installed this system and loves it also.

/ Electric chute rotator for Land Pride SB1051 snowblower #2  
My 3pt new holland blower has a hand crank that is effectively a winch that pulls a cable wrapped around the chute in order to rotate it . I’m thinking about replacing it with a small 12v atv winch with a remote control.

Has anyone tried this?

/ Electric chute rotator for Land Pride SB1051 snowblower
I would expect that a winch will be too slow, and is super bulky. The motor that was used in the chute rotator in the kit I bought is the perfect speed and has no shortage of torque to rotate the chute. You'd have to come up with a spool that mounts to that shaft with the proper diameter hub if you want to wrap a cable around it.