Economy Tractor value

/ Economy Tractor value #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
My older brother was doing an excavator job over in the country the other day and traded for a trecher while there he found an old Economy tractor in the she All geer drive so I know it was an Economy Jim Dandy line. It has the front blade power lift and a breaking plow and disc and culivators and something else been dry stored but the tires are rotted off. Any one here familiar with these Ive got a few old brochures. Its got all the sheet metal on it to.

/ Economy Tractor value #2  
These were made for a LOT of years, powered with various engines from I think 10 HP to 18 HP. Does this one have a single 3 speed plus reverse tranny? or the dual in line 3 speed trannies? Also had models with 16" rear wheels and 24" rear wheels. Typically in running condition in my area they sell for $1500 and up. Non running would be half that. Since this one has no tires and I assume it's non running maybe $300-400, more if it has the dual trannies, more still if the rust ain't too bad.

/ Economy Tractor value
Single transmission power lift running just the tires dry rotted off in storage. the sheetmetal is excellent and transmission is a single speed I missed one in Belmont MS where I worked that had the dual trans missions. I think I know where a spare tansmission is on one that was a parts tractor. Ive seen one with a PTO and loader I think my brothers has a belly mower. Thanks on the info theres not many around these parts.

/ Economy Tractor value #4  
Figuring that it's in running condition, but subtracting for the tires, it would probably fetch $1000 with the attachments in my neck of the woods.

/ Economy Tractor value #5  
Mine is a '73 with dual trannies, FEL and 3pt. 14HP. With both trannies in 1st at full rpm I can walk faster than it. I jokenly say if I could keep traction I could pull a house down with it. As far as your tires you can still get them in a variety of places. I picked up new fronts at SSB tractor (online) but If you can find them locally. Mine are standard 24" R1's and I've seen that cub cadets have the same tires. You can get a parts manual CD from SSB and many parts you might need. I've rebuilt the entire hydraulic system on mine and I'm debating whether to sell it or not.

Good luck.