Easy Peasy self oil change

/ Easy Peasy self oil change #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
A recommend for those that want to change their own oil but can't get back up after crawling under the car/tractor to loosen the oil pan bolt. I've used this on 4 wheelers, or my grandson has and used it on the VW Beetle yesterday and it works fine. Can pay for itself after one use instead of going to a dealer/oil change center. It's really easy peasy to use. Stick one small clear plastic tube down the dip stick hole till it bottoms out and run the other clear tube into your collection jar/bottle/pan/container. Hook the two alligator clips to the battery, usually right there at the top/front/side of the engine and turn on pump. Hopefully the oil filter will be on the top or side where you can reach it..........https://www.amazon.com/.../ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin...

/ Easy Peasy self oil change #2  
A recommend for those that want to change their own oil but can't get back up after crawling under the car/tractor to loosen the oil pan bolt. I've used this on 4 wheelers, or my grandson has and used it on the VW Beetle yesterday and it works fine. Can pay for itself after one use instead of going to a dealer/oil change center. It's really easy peasy to use. Stick one small clear plastic tube down the dip stick hole till it bottoms out and run the other clear tube into your collection jar/bottle/pan/container. Hook the two alligator clips to the battery, usually right there at the top/front/side of the engine and turn on pump. Hopefully the oil filter will be on the top or side where you can reach it..........https://www.amazon.com/.../ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin...
I am 80, so crawling under is far from easy anymore.
I have used this exact same E-bay pump for several years now.
My MB E350 oil drain plug is a pain to remove, because it is covered by a large shroud, which must first be removed.
Filter is at top front of engine.
Oil change at local MB dealer is $170+.
I can do Mobil 1, with German MANN filter for $49.
Reports I have read, claim that the little pump actually gets all the oil out, just like the drain plug.

Last edited:
   / Easy Peasy self oil change #3  
Don't know about 'easy-peasy' on a Kubota as most have split oil pans to allow for the front prop shaft so you might suck out one side of the pan but not the other. I don't have any issue pulling the drain plugs at all. Pretty high up on my M9's at eye level when sitting on the ground actually.

Might work for a car. Tractor, not really.

/ Easy Peasy self oil change #4  
Don't know about 'easy-peasy' on a Kubota as most have split oil pans to allow for the front prop shaft so you might suck out one side of the pan but not the other. I don't have any issue pulling the drain plugs at all. Pretty high up on my M9's at eye level when sitting on the ground actually.

Might work for a car. Tractor, not really.
So do Kubotas have 2 drain plugs?

/ Easy Peasy self oil change #6  
Some do, some don't.

/ Easy Peasy self oil change #7  
I can still crawl under cars and tractors but reading the Amazon blurb I note this little pump can also be used for diesel. That could certainly make easier refueling than lifting a five gallon can onto the hood of the tractor. It's certainly a better deal than anything offered by Harbor Freight.

/ Easy Peasy self oil change #8  
I can still crawl under cars and tractors but reading the Amazon blurb I note this little pump can also be used for diesel. That could certainly make easier refueling than lifting a five gallon can onto the hood of the tractor. It's certainly a better deal than anything offered by Harbor Freight.
For $16 you can buy a 8GPM submersible oil/fuel (not gas) 12v pump on E-Bay.
This submersible pump will fit inside a 5 gal. can fill opening, and will drain the 5 gal. can, sitting on your floor, in under two minutes.
I have two of these little 12v submersible pumps!

/ Easy Peasy self oil change #9  

It pumps Diesel fuel only at max 1 gallon per minute rate, who wants that?

There is a another Harbor Freight option which can also suck out cold 90W gear oil and be used for car brake fluid flushing etc.
Off course you will need a decent air compressor to operate it.

Oh well, it's still a better deal in the long run.

6.25 gallon oil extractor.jpg

Last edited:
   / Easy Peasy self oil change #10  
It pumps Diesel fuel only at max 1 gallon per minute rate, who wants that?

There is a another Harbor Freight option which can also suck out cold 90W gear oil and be used for car brake fluid flushing etc.
Off course you will need a decent air compressor to operate it.

Oh well, it's still a better deal in the long run.

View attachment 696490
Diesel pumps at 8 GPM, if you use the $19(?) SUBMERSIBLE 12v E-bay pump referenced in my post (#8) above.
5 gal. pumped in 40 seconds!

Last edited: