DX29/Attachments questions

/ DX29/Attachments questions #1  

irrehswright

I just purchased a 2002 DX29. It has a land pride 6' finish mower for 3 pt. I want a mid mount mower. Dealer quoted me $3000 for a MWX72R, is that a good price? What is the difference between the MWX and the 914A? Anyone have a preference between the side and rear discharge. I would prefer a rear discharge if it won't windrow. I wanted a front mounted push blade for snow, but they want another $2500 for the blade. I think I will use a rear 3 pt. blade for snow removal. Is there someplace I might find these attachments used? Where would I look for a soft cab or windbreaker? How well do the Industrial tires work in the snow? Thanks everyone for your input.

/ DX29/Attachments questions #2  
Congrats. Personally I prefer a rear mower. I had a front dozer/snowplow blade on a kubota I had many years ago. I have a snowplow mounted on my loader. Cabs either Sims or curtis manufacture cabs. I have had no problems with industrail tire whil plowing snow.

/ DX29/Attachments questions #3  
I would also rather have a rear mower, unless you have lots of trees to go around like me. A rear mower will move away from your trees as you go around. The mid is some much nicer for getting around things.

On the mid the rear discharge is nice. However some on the New Holland have complained about leaving rows. I have a 72" side discharge 914. At first I was not impressed with it until I purchased the Gator Blades from New Holland. Now I love the way it mows. The clippings are very small and the cut is very even. I did however raise my chute a bit by putting some washers under it. This allowed the grass to fly way out at least 10 to 15 feet and no rows. I paid $2,500.00 for my 914 72" brand new installed on my tractor.

As far as the other mower you listed, I am not familiar with it at all.

murph

Attachments

• 529314-DSC03334.JPG
    529314-DSC03334.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 225