Dump Trailer Sizing

/ Dump Trailer Sizing #11  
i purchased a BigTex 7500 pound dump trailer. i needed a smaller footprint and their 5x10 works just fine. after having this thing for 30 days, im wondering why i waited so long to buy one.

I have a 20' flatbed for hauling tractor so that wasnt an issue. this is just for trash, crap wood, and bringing in material.

The wife needed sand for planting beds. i got 5,000# of sand for $20.00 at the pit. an equivalent purchase from home depot in 60# bags would have run over $300.00. and i got 2 loads so theres $600 towards that purchase.....

were getting 3 cu ft of landscape bark next week. this will save me nearly $400 over bags and home depot.

/ Dump Trailer Sizing
i purchased a BigTex 7500 pound dump trailer. i needed a smaller footprint and their 5x10 works just fine. after having this thing for 30 days, im wondering why i waited so long to buy one.

I have a 20' flatbed for hauling tractor so that wasnt an issue. this is just for trash, crap wood, and bringing in material.

The wife needed sand for planting beds. i got 5,000# of sand for $20.00 at the pit. an equivalent purchase from home depot in 60# bags would have run over $300.00. and i got 2 loads so theres $600 towards that purchase.....

were getting 3 cu ft of landscape bark next week. this will save me nearly $400 over bags and home depot.

That's the kind of stuff I need to hear. Is your big tex sing axle or dual axle? I saw a big tex single axle dump trailer. I am really on the fence about the size. I hate kicking myself after the fact....What made you choose the 5x10?

The guy who mows my dads lawn has a 7 week old PJ 14 foot dump trailer he paid $7,700 for. He said he is going on vacation on Saturday and I could have it all week. I sure appreciate him offering that to me. Will give it a try.

/ Dump Trailer Sizing #13  
I do not have a dump trailer yet, but have my eyes on a Diamond C 43ed, it's a 5x10 single axle 5k dump trailer. It appears to be the best built single axle that I've seen and has a nice non powder coat finish. I like this size because it's more than my truck bed can hold and will be easy to use around the property with my larger tractor.

/ Dump Trailer Sizing
I do not have a dump trailer yet, but have my eyes on a Diamond C 43ed, it's a 5x10 single axle 5k dump trailer. It appears to be the best built single axle that I've seen and has a nice non powder coat finish. I like this size because it's more than my truck bed can hold and will be easy to use around the property with my larger tractor.

Price of this unit?

/ Dump Trailer Sizing #15  
I have a PJ 14' low pro 14k. The size is sufficient. The quality of the trailer is questionable. The axles,brakes, and springs were rusted upon delivery. The powder coat is peeling on the deck, and under carriage. My former dump railer was a PJ 12' 14k. It was a good trailer. I needed a 14' and I wish I would have bought a Load Trail or Lamar.
I have contacted PJ, os should I say have attempted to contact PJ because the never answer my emails, or letters. I would not buy another PJ trailer.

/ Dump Trailer Sizing #16  
   / Dump Trailer Sizing #17  
I was quoted around $3500 for the unit including a spare tire and mount. This was for a 10'x60". They also offer an 8'x60" and a 10'x77" single 5k axle.

43ED | Diamond C Trailers
1503843287952.jpg
12' X 6' N & N from Quebec 10,000lbs gross galvinized

/ Dump Trailer Sizing #18  
So you think 6x10....10k is a handy size but hauls less
And the 7x14 ...14k hauls more but less handy

Do what I did. Get a 7x 12 12k.

But I haven't found myself wishing for bigger.

Did the exact same thing - went with a 12' 12K Suretrak and have NO regrets. I found that dumps are not the best for moving machines so I kept my 18' flatbed for moving the MX or the Mini and seemed to find a great setup for my needs.

/ Dump Trailer Sizing #19  
I don't have one yet. But, I'll be getting the biggest they have. I have a choice of traveling 1/2 hour to get mulch at $30/yd or an hour to get mulch at $12 a bucket which is an 8 yard loader bucket. It's 2 hours for driveway crusher run @ $400 delivery fee for 10 yds, it will cost me $100/trip so $300 for 12 yds and I can work a little at a time instead of a lot at once. I have plenty of space to keep the trailer.

/ Dump Trailer Sizing #20  
I don't regret my purchase at all, already have proven it's a heavy duty hauler by way of the two loads of topsoil I hauled last week. Bought it in Lynndonville, Vt the other dealers were outside of New York City. We have a private road, so our uses include alot of stone dust and small pea gravel. With the hydraulic cylinder on the very front of the box just like dump trucks, absolutely no strain or pain dumping. We also opted for the twin gate, opens up doors and spreader gate in one. Ten ply radial tires come standard as does the roll up tarp.
$6725 delivered and just three weeks ago, was driving down interstate 91 from Quebec stopped in and bought a spare tire and wheel for our trailer $140, should have bought it in the original deal I guess. If you buy new and order one you can get a remote wireless fob, but if you take delivery after the fact they can't or won't do retrofits on the wireless system.
Extremely happy with N & N Trailers and dealership Kingdom Trailers of Lynndonville, Vermont.