Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #101  
Advice from best auto mech instructors at MCC. "Don't operate a customer's e-brake unless testing it. If they don't use it regularly it's likely to stick somehow, leaving you to fix it for free if not part of the bid/job."

Test question I puzzled over: At a stop-light red's position is at: a) top, b) middle c) bottom. I got it wrong at least once. :rolleyes:

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #102  
must have been my Dads 90s buick road master. it was as long as by crew cab truck and the back end hung over the rear axle about 6 feet.

So awful for the road test. parking would of been a killer to do.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #103  
Test question I puzzled over: At a stop-light red's position is at: a) top, b) middle c) bottom. I got it wrong at least once. :rolleyes:

I can see why - - - 😆

1632420239757.png

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #105  
must have been my Dads 90s buick road master. it was as long as by crew cab truck and the back end hung over the rear axle about 6 feet.
The Trooper I showed above was like looking out of a lighthouse, you could see all four corners and how close something was. Zip zip parked, NBD. When I replaced the Trooper (tree fell on it) with a Subaru Outback I suddenly felt like a clutz parallel parking the Subaru.

Then it occurred to me to look up the dimensions. The Subaru not only had less visibility to its corners so more safety margin was needed, the important thing is this 'smaller' car was 11 inches longer. No wonder it was more trouble to park in a tight space. I still miss the Trooper.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #106  
I learned to drive in a 1967 Buick Gran Sport, High Compression 340 Cu, 4bbl. Only 3700 built. Similar to the one in the attached photo, ours had a black vinyl top.

My father bought it in '67 or '68. It had been rear ended, with only 110miles on it.

When Dad repaired it, he eliminated the red stripes on the sides. Thought they were a little too flashy for him.

The car was pretty quick. And, got a fair share of attention.

We had it 8 years, he sold it right after I got my license. :cry:

Attachments

• 1967-Buick-GS-340-Gran-Sport-Platinum-Mist-010-e1582579830234-720x340.jpeg
    1967-Buick-GS-340-Gran-Sport-Platinum-Mist-010-e1582579830234-720x340.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 69
   / Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #107  
Geesh…. As I recall it was my fathers old pinto runabout. What a POS that car was.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #108  
I learned to drive in a 1967 Buick Gran Sport, High Compression 340 Cu, 4bbl. Only 3700 built. Similar to the one in the attached photo, ours had a black vinyl top.

My father bought it in '67 or '68. It had been rear ended, with only 110miles on it.

When Dad repaired it, he eliminated the red stripes on the sides. Thought they were a little too flashy for him.

The car was pretty quick. And, got a fair share of attention.

We had it 8 years, he sold it right after I got my license. :cry:
He sold it BECAUSE you got your license. Proactive.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?
Advice from best auto mech instructors at MCC. "Don't operate a customer's e-brake unless testing it. If they don't use it regularly it's likely to stick somehow, leaving you to fix it for free if not part of the bid/job."

What about if horizontal?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #110  
I prefer to be horizontal but I keep waking up. Well, if someone's offering to drive ...