Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #91  
Don't remember what I drove for the first test 60 years ago. But I passed that, and all since. Probably 49 Chevy. A simple car, no turn signals or seatbelts (I installed both, later) and not too big.

Relevant here: A couple of years ago, and a few years before that, I failed every question about the cost of fines for various infractions. Passed all the other questions each time, so passed - barely. :)
They ask you about the cost of fines for various infractions?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #92  
Here in Indiana, a sample question would be something like:

If you pull up to a stop sign and the corn is too tall to see oncoming traffic, how do you proceed?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #93  
Yesterday I had someone who thought that someone in front of him stopping for the stop sign was good enough and he followed the car in front of him right on through.
His answer to the corn question would probably be drive through and hope for the best, stop sign be d----ed!

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?
Several of my most seasoned friends have been tripped up on car seats and texting...

No kids/child car seats and never text... two don't own cell phones

Last edited:
   / Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #95  
Here in Indiana, a sample question would be something like:

If you pull up to a stop sign and the corn is too tall to see oncoming traffic, how do you proceed?
Blow your horn 3 times and proceed? :cool:

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #96  
Several of my most seasoned friends have been tripped up on car seats and texting...

No kids/child car seats and never text... two don't own cell phones
I forgot that one. I missed the cell phone question before I owned one, I checked Never. The proper answer is it can be used to report an accident or other hazard, as I recall.

I just looked at DMV's sample questions. They no longer ask the cost of fines. But I see a questions where only studying the handbook would prepare you with the right answers. Turn wheels left or right when parking uphill with no curb? I suppose turn right so the car wouldn't block the street if it rolls back, but who knows what DMV wants for that question. Always study the handbook before taking the renewal test!

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #99  
I forgot that one. I missed the cell phone question before I owned one, I checked Never. The proper answer is it can be used to report an accident or other hazard, as I recall.
I just looked at DMV's sample questions. They no longer ask the cost of fines. But I see a questions where only studying the handbook would prepare you with the right answers. Turn wheels left or right when parking uphill with no curb? I suppose turn right so the car wouldn't block the street if it rolls back, but who knows what DMV wants for that question. Always study the handbook before taking the renewal test!
That question was on my written test way back in 1975. No curb turn them right as you say, with a curb turn them left so that it will stop the car if it starts rolling. How many people even use their parking brake these days? I’ve chased a couple of vehicles down a hill because the driver didn’t get it completely into park... including a brand new car which a salesman’s wife was driving.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #100  
must have been my Dads 90s buick road master. it was as long as by crew cab truck and the back end hung over the rear axle about 6 feet.