3-Point Hitch Draw bar swing

/ Draw bar swing #21  
Brandon on mine the adjusting linkage is 12" to it's shortest point.Both screwed all the way in. Everything looks pretty much identical. It looks like if you remove the 2 Chain links and just use the last mounting link that would basicly the same as I have. You should be able to remove the screw and remove and replace it. Works on all my implements. I still have to keep it mostly at it's shortest for everything I use.

Carey

/ Draw bar swing
You could cut them, and simply bolt right through the links. OR......

3 Point Hitch Stay Chain- Yanmar & JOHN DEERE Tractor

You could just buy these. I broke one of mine off last week, just put a new one on today....

(whoops, I see my link didn't work. on eBay, just search Yanmar tractors)

this is exactly what i have,,,

/ Draw bar swing #23  
If you measure carefully and shortening one link will fix it, then this might be the simplest way to accomplish it.

This double ended shackle will be easier to install, compared to welding the eye back on your present shackle.

187210d1289955171-replacement-sway-chains-p1600792rnewshackle.jpg

I installed those to solve a different problem, wimpy shackles that stretched. I just posted a new thread on that subject.

/ Draw bar swing
If you measure carefully and shortening one link will fix it, then this might be the simplest way to accomplish it.

This double ended shackle will be easier to install, compared to welding the eye back on your present shackle.

187210d1289955171-replacement-sway-chains-p1600792rnewshackle.jpg

I installed those to solve a different problem, wimpy shackles that stretched. I just posted a new thread on that subject.

I wont have to weld anything. Take out shackle, cut link, install shackle, remount...

/ Draw bar swing #25  
When I made that repair, the eyes at the end of the shackles were too big to pass through the chain links.

I don't think moving the anchors outside as I suggested above, would work. I just looked at your photo in post #14 and I see the bolt head is welded to the tractor's first sway link. Reversing those parts would make the first sway links point outward, where the shackles wouldn't meet them properly.

/ Draw bar swing
Cut a link out of both chains and now i only have 2 inches of sway instead of 5. hehehe Still kinda slack but it might work ok. I have the most issues when backing a heavy trailer and the 3 point is flopping from side to side.

/ Draw bar swing #27  
I do have some Pics of my setup. This is setup with a JD/Frontier 60" Finishing mower. Keep up with the Top Link you have That goes with a Yanmar Tiller they seem to be hard to come by now adays. ;)

Carey

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 190
   / Draw bar swing #28  
You have the wrong kind of sway chain. You need these , with a lot more adjustment, more like OEM chains

/ Draw bar swing
You have the wrong kind of sway chain. You need these , with a lot more adjustment, more like OEM chains

That looks exactly like what I have. It is much better now. Now i need to figure out how to keep the ball in the 12 oclock position.

/ Draw bar swing #30  
That looks exactly like what I have. It is much better now. Now i need to figure out how to keep the ball in the 12 oclock position.

Ok, it looked as if yours only adjusted on 1 end. If you have cat.1 sway chains and draw bar, (26"), it should work. You can get a draw bar lock from places like valu-bilt.com