Comparison Drag implements on John Deere Hydrostatics vs. Kubota Hydrostatics.

/ Drag implements on John Deere Hydrostatics vs. Kubota Hydrostatics. #31  
I will respectfully disagree. Yes, I do understand how a pry bar works, but, I could use a 100 ft length pry bar under the tire to lift the tractor and there won't be any more load on the wheel bearings.

The load on the wheel bearings is determined by the weight of the tractor including any weight on the 3PH. That weight on the bearing doesn't change when a wheel is moved out further from the bearing.

/ Drag implements on John Deere Hydrostatics vs. Kubota Hydrostatics. #32  
I will respectfully disagree. Yes, I do understand how a pry bar works, but, I could use a 100 ft length pry bar under the tire to lift the tractor and there won't be any more load on the wheel bearings.

The load on the wheel bearings is determined by the weight of the tractor including any weight on the 3PH. That weight on the bearing doesn't change when a wheel is moved out further from the bearing.

The load on the bearings isn't determined by the "weight" on them. It's determined by the "force" that the tractor applies. In this case, the lever, or pry bar isn't lifting the tire, like you mentioned (in your example, you are correct, you can use a long pry bar to lift the tire, and the load doesn't change) is the axle, and the fulcrum and what's being "lifted" are the bearings in the tractor.

Chain your three point to an unliftable object. Try to lift it. Hydraulics go into relief, axles don't snap, bearings don't fail. Now extend your axles 10 feet on each side. Try to lift. Weight hasn't changed because the hydraulic relief is at the same place, but WAY MORE FORCE is being applied on the bearings.

I'm sorry to keep trying to explain this, but I honestly think that you are mistaken. Nothing personal, and you absolutely welcome to disagree. I'm not offended at all. I am however going to stop typing the same thing over and over, so this will be my last post on the subject.

/ Drag implements on John Deere Hydrostatics vs. Kubota Hydrostatics. #33  
We sold hydro drive tractors in the seventies and they also did tillage work! I will say that in comparisons to the gear drive a 100 horsepower hydro only pulled as efficiently with deep tillage equipment about the same as a 80 horsepower of comparable chassis. the convenience of the hydro was the reason they were using them. As far as life goes at that time they were the older non-hydraulic shuttles at best and the cost of the replacement of clutches on the gear drives so the maintenance costs were higher although they did buy an expensive 100 horsepower tractor!

/ Drag implements on John Deere Hydrostatics vs. Kubota Hydrostatics. #34  
The load on the bearings isn't determined by the "weight" on them. It's determined by the "force" that the tractor applies. In this case, the lever, or pry bar isn't lifting the tire, like you mentioned (in your example, you are correct, you can use a long pry bar to lift the tire, and the load doesn't change) is the axle, and the fulcrum and what's being "lifted" are the bearings in the tractor.

Chain your three point to an unliftable object. Try to lift it. Hydraulics go into relief, axles don't snap, bearings don't fail. Now extend your axles 10 feet on each side. Try to lift. Weight hasn't changed because the hydraulic relief is at the same place, but WAY MORE FORCE is being applied on the bearings.

I'm sorry to keep trying to explain this, but I honestly think that you are mistaken. Nothing personal, and you absolutely welcome to disagree. I'm not offended at all. I am however going to stop typing the same thing over and over, so this will be my last post on the subject.

I agree with you. I was not "seeing" this correctly. No offense here either. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: I've always known that the closer a load is kept to the bearing the better. I just got off on a silly tangent.