Doosan engine

/ Doosan engine #21  
" battery minder...cigarette adapter..."

Sounds like you need a real battery charger on your gift list.

Ha well when you can't turn it over show me how to lift the dump bed on a 5600 to get at the battery terminals.. maybe the 5610 has a panel for access the 5600 does not..

/ Doosan engine #22  
Ha well when you can't turn it over show me how to lift the dump bed on a 5600 to get at the battery terminals.. maybe the 5610 has a panel for access the 5600 does not..

Yes, the 5610 has the rear cover you can lift without it running. I choose to attach the charger to the other end of the cables through the side panel where the starter is. I agree that the 5600 owner has to get creative if the unit won't start. My statement about a real battery charger is about the ability of a battery minder to actually charge a 650cca or 1000cca battery. I have the battery minder types and 10,20, 30 amp chargers. Also, if you get ones with the boost option, it will help when you really need it.

/ Doosan engine #23  

You can remove the black louvered cover by removing 5 or 6 screws (I've done it) to gain access to the battery and the terminals. After that I hooked up permanent jumper cables to the battery leads and can jump it (or anyone else) with the bed down any time.

DEWFPO

/ Doosan engine #24  
The Doosan engines use a 2 micron fuel filter compared to the 10 micron filters used in Kubota engines. In cold weather, fuel gelling may cause filter issues. Use a good quality anti gel and avoid the issues.

I just read that the modern common-rail engines demand 2 micron filters to protect the high pressure pumps. One bacterial cell is about 2 microns in size.

Today's High Performance Fuel Filters: Historically Good

/ Doosan engine #25  
Here is the 411 on the Doosan engines. Bobcat switched to the Doosan engine because Kubota could not produce a high HP engine without DPF. Early engines had HP pump and injector issues caused by outside vendors quality control. This issue has been taken care of by Bobcat however beware of older units that are for sale. The biggest issue now is water in fuel. It will ruin the fuel system. Additive will only aggravate the problem by allowing the water to pass into the engines fuel system. I suggest getting a new funnel I found that filters out the water. 👍
So what years would you say are the "older units for sale" that I should be aware of? Looking at a 2016 T770 that recently had bad fuel injector problems, that caused the injectors to need to be replaced. Would you say that Bobcat has newer injectors that supercede the original parts that had "quality control" problems? l would like to know so I don't buy a machine that going to likely be a lemon. Thanks for your time!

/ Doosan engine #26  
So what years would you say are the "older units for sale" that I should be aware of? Looking at a 2016 T770 that recently had bad fuel injector problems, that caused the injectors to need to be replaced. Would you say that Bobcat has newer injectors that supercede the original parts that had "quality control" problems? l would like to know so I don't buy a machine that going to likely be a lemon. Thanks for your time!
Running true Bobcat filters make a huge difference. Cheap counterfeit filters filters have been known to even say Bobcat on them.