Doosan engine

/ Doosan engine #1  

Lacmullin

Tractor
International
Hi, I heard that Doosan engine had some problem with the fuel in cold weather. Is that true and what can be done to eliminate this problem?

Second question, the Doosan is a good engine yes or no? I heard from a dealer that this engine was better then the kubota and that he never replace one since the introduction in 2014.

Thanks

/ Doosan engine #3  
Second question, the Doosan is a good engine yes or no? I heard from a dealer that this engine was better then the Kubota and that he never replace one since the introduction in 2014.
Can't help with the Doosan, but watch out for claims of "better than __(fill in tractor name)__". The year 2014 is not that long ago as tractor durability goes. I have a Kubota that all I've done to it is change the water pump, oil, and coolant since 1985. Still runs good. Others on here have tractors of various makes that are even older.

/ Doosan engine #4  
Doosan makes a good diesel engine. They have been around for a long time and make good construction equipment. The fuel issue has more to do with the diesel fuel itself rather than the engine (I would think??)

/ Doosan engine #5  
The Doosan engines use a 2 micron fuel filter compared to the 10 micron filters used in Kubota engines. In cold weather, fuel gelling may cause filter issues. Use a good quality anti gel and avoid the issues.

/ Doosan engine #6  
I have not had a problem yet with the Doosan in the cold. I have installed the block heater and plug it in for 1-2 hours when cold. The block heater is easy to install as it is a dry pocket design. I use clean fuel, that goes through a paint filter placed in a funnel, after it has been treated with the recommended dose of white bottle Power Service.

/ Doosan engine #7  
Hi, I heard that Doosan engine had some problem with the fuel in cold weather. Is that true and what can be done to eliminate this problem?

Second question, the Doosan is a good engine yes or no? I heard from a dealer that this engine was better then the kubota and that he never replace one since the introduction in 2014.

Thanks
Here is the 411 on the Doosan engines. Bobcat switched to the Doosan engine because Kubota could not produce a high HP engine without DPF. Early engines had HP pump and injector issues caused by outside vendors quality control. This issue has been taken care of by Bobcat however beware of older units that are for sale. The biggest issue now is water in fuel. It will ruin the fuel system. Additive will only aggravate the problem by allowing the water to pass into the engines fuel system. I suggest getting a new funnel I found that filters out the water. :thumbsup:

/ Doosan engine
Doosan makes a good diesel engine. They have been around for a long time and make good construction equipment. The fuel issue has more to do with the diesel fuel itself rather than the engine (I would think??)

Thanks

/ Doosan engine
Here is the 411 on the Doosan engines. Bobcat switched to the Doosan engine because Kubota could not produce a high HP engine without DPF. Early engines had HP pump and injector issues caused by outside vendors quality control. This issue has been taken care of by Bobcat however beware of older units that are for sale. The biggest issue now is water in fuel. It will ruin the fuel system. Additive will only aggravate the problem by allowing the water to pass into the engines fuel system. I suggest getting a new funnel I found that filters out the water. :thumbsup:

Hi, thanks for the informations, do you have a picture of this funnel and who make it?

Thanks

/ Doosan engine #10  
Amazing the BS that sales people spew! I am sure Doosan is a fine engine, but they aren't exactly replacing a lot of Kubota Engines on account of defects.

Someone correct me if i am wrong. Bobcat didn't just use Doosan Engines, Doosan(Infracore) Bought Bobcat. Who the heck knows who owns Bobcat now. Seems to change more often than I change my socks.

Last edited: