Doorman’s next big adventure

/ Doorman’s next big adventure
Damn it’s toasty today!!

Driveway in
Need a few passes with the tractor to smooth it out.

2BCEE6B6-28A7-45F1-B678-ADB863183A40.jpeg8190863F-B17A-4069-8A4B-4D038DF5119B.jpegF07AB50D-6CE5-491C-8B1E-4767ABD42E52.jpeg

Electric company is coming out Monday to verify driveway install and pound a stake in the ground. Pole/porch light/meter socket and 200 amp disconnect should be in within 2 weeks. That’s the last “contractor”. The rest is on me!

/ Doorman’s next big adventure #113  
The issue with that is the snooping around zoning officials. You get caught, you'll wish you had complied and the 'Land of Lincoln' is noted for strict zoning codes among other unsavory stuff.
Yep they have seen everything except leprosy and problem have seen a couple of cases of that and just didn’t know what they were looking at.

/ Doorman’s next big adventure #114  
We’ve paid our 1/3 deposit and signed our contract for the shell/slab.

Slab work is supposed to start in February sometime.

5.5” slab with wet set post bases.

Plan is to have contractor excavate, set forms, I come in and do under slab plumbing and electric. He will then pour slab and set post anchors.

His time frame from start-finish is approx 3 weeks work time from excavation to finishing the shell. His quote does include a stone base for the slab. When he did a site visit we don’t expect more stone to be needed but IF it is he will pass cost directly to us and spread stone no charge.

Wife picked out the sectional door for the barn. Of course we know who will be doing the install!

View attachment 780240
Be careful when handling installing the top panel with those glass windows. Don’t ask me how I know they are expensive and hard to get.

/ Doorman’s next big adventure #115  
I don't like the windows in the top section, I want them at a level that I can see out when I'm in the garage.

/ Doorman’s next big adventure #116  
I don't like the windows in the top section, I want them at a level that I can see out when I'm in the garage.
If mine did not have what they call the Star Burst Design they would probably be as you say. Nothing like having to drag a step ladder over to be able to look out.

Be careful when handling installing the top panel with those glass windows. Don’t ask me how I know they are expensive and hard to get.
Kind sir……doorman is in my username.

I train people to hang garage doors!

The top is unusually heavy though

1/2” insulated glass is heavy.

Wife and I had that chat……I was all for a full view (gas station style) door with insulated glass. White powder coated frame. I got shot down. We don’t live on-site full time and too much glass can be bad.

/ Doorman’s next big adventure #119  
Kind sir……doorman is in my username.

I train people to hang garage doors!

The top is unusually heavy though

1/2” insulated glass is heavy.
Us amateurs first timers didn’t have training. We learned the hard way.

The school of hard knock is also a expensive way to learn.

:LOL:

/ Doorman’s next big adventure #120  
My windows are high, using the same header height as the 10ft garage door header. Didn't want outsiders seeing into my workshop. But still get natural light into the shop. Jon