Does anyone have a solution for Puncturevine (Tribulus terrestis)?

/ Does anyone have a solution for Puncturevine (Tribulus terrestis)? #21  
Thanks for the links. Hand pulling would be next to impossible right now. Some of the plants are six feet across and each vine is full of thorns waiting for a victim.
I have used this for poison hemlock removal, as it resprouts from the taproot. You don't have to bend over, and you don't have to get your hands near the the thorns. I would use a pitchfork to toss the vines into a loader bucket that could take them to a burn pile though.

IMG_3985_1080x.JPG

It works well even when our clay soil is dry and hard. If your puncture vine is growing out of rocks, I don't know.

All the best,

Peter

/ Does anyone have a solution for Puncturevine (Tribulus terrestis)? #22  
I don't know if it would work for Goat heads, but my granddad cleared a troublesome patch of Johnson grass by fencing it off and turning his hogs in on it. They root it out and eat the roots.

/ Does anyone have a solution for Puncturevine (Tribulus terrestis)? #23  
HAIRY LEAVES! As was mentioned a page or so ago no spray will work as well on them without a surfactant. Any herbicide recommended will do better with it. Spraying various crab-grasses should be a first lesson, and btw I only buy glypho 'with'.

Drexel Haf-Pynt is my favorite at 1 oz/gal in the tank with Triclopyr, Dicamba, Amine 400 (2-4-D), RM-47, Trimec, Quinclorac, Weed-b-Gone, etc.

/ Does anyone have a solution for Puncturevine (Tribulus terrestis)?
I have used this for poison hemlock removal, as it resprouts from the taproot. You don't have to bend over, and you don't have to get your hands near the the thorns. I would use a pitchfork to toss the vines into a loader bucket that could take them to a burn pile though.

IMG_3985_1080x.JPG

It works well even when our clay soil is dry and hard. If your puncture vine is growing out of rocks, I don't know.

All the best,

Peter
I have a Grampa's Weeder--the thing really works. I haven't tried it on the puncturevine yet, but when I was looking over the patch this morning to see whether the latest chemical application is working, I realized the device might work on this weed. Although each plant can spread out as much as six feet, there is a central taproot I may be able to pull up. Thanks.

HAIRY LEAVES! As was mentioned a page or so ago no spray will work as well on them without a surfactant. Any herbicide recommended will do better with it. Spraying various crab-grasses should be a first lesson, and btw I only buy glypho 'with'.

Drexel Haf-Pynt is my favorite at 1 oz/gal in the tank with Triclopyr, Dicamba, Amine 400 (2-4-D), RM-47, Trimec, Quinclorac, Weed-b-Gone, etc.

Both Roundup and Glystar glyphosate herbicides have surfactants included in the formula.

I don't know if it would work for Goat heads, but my granddad cleared a troublesome patch of Johnson grass by fencing it off and turning his hogs in on it. They root it out and eat the roots.

That is a very informative website. Thanks.

/ Does anyone have a solution for Puncturevine (Tribulus terrestis)? #27  
   / Does anyone have a solution for Puncturevine (Tribulus terrestis)? #30  
Man with a hoe can do 4 acres a day.