does a canopy fan help with insects?

/ does a canopy fan help with insects? #1  

2manyrocks

Getting ready to build a canopy for my new to me MX5200 on account of the heat.

For those of you who have fans mounted to your canopy, does the fan provide any help keeping insects away from you? I don't really think I need a fan unless it would reduce the number of pesky insects that land on me when mowing.

/ does a canopy fan help with insects? #2  
We don't have a lot of bugs but I think it would if it is blowing hard enough. I've drive thru windows and restaurant doors with them to keep the flies out.

Attachments

• Basset-Hound-standing-in-front-of-fan.jpg
    Basset-Hound-standing-in-front-of-fan.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 55
   / does a canopy fan help with insects? #3  
I put a 12v fan on my canopy frame, and aimed it right at my head. The thing blows so hard it rustles my hair. And yes, it keeps the bugs away. Love it.

Make sure you read reviews on fans you're considering. Many are pretty weak. I can pass gas harder than they put out airflow....

/ does a canopy fan help with insects? #4  
Getting ready to build a canopy for my new to me MX5200 on account of the heat.

For those of you who have fans mounted to your canopy, does the fan provide any help keeping insects away from you? I don't really think I need a fan unless it would reduce the number of pesky insects that land on me when mowing.
I had one on my M62 and it just doesnt blow enough in the open air to make much difference…unless you get a box fan! It seemed to work better on mosquitos, but the flies could care less. There is a reason people shell out $ for a cab machine and I can 110% attest protection from all insects is one of them. Having a cab now I would never go back.

/ does a canopy fan help with insects? #5  
Round our area when mowing edges of fields with limbs/branches over hanging,if disturb good chance you get ticks on you even canopy with fan better than nothing.

/ does a canopy fan help with insects? #6  
I ended up using a small radiator fan on canopy excavator after trying a couple "fans" that weren't worth a crap.

/ does a canopy fan help with insects? #7  
A stronger fan would also blow dust at a higher speed straight in your face. Not sure that is going to go well either if you live in a dusty area.

/ does a canopy fan help with insects?
I live in Middle TN where there isn't much dust during mowing. I don't bale hay, but that gets dusty here.

/ does a canopy fan help with insects? #9  
I put a 12v fan on my canopy frame, and aimed it right at my head. The thing blows so hard it rustles my hair. And yes, it keeps the bugs away. Love it.

Make sure you read reviews on fans you're considering. Many are pretty weak. I can pass gas harder than they put out airflow....
Least you have hair...lol

/ does a canopy fan help with insects?

If you could let me know what worked for you, I'd appreciate it.