Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn?

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #31  
My dream has always been a 40x120 with bays plus a large gable end door.

A farmer has this one and he can take any rolling stock out the gable end as the middle is an aisle to the gable end.

The end is a very nice 36 wide x 40 deep shop with lift.

Attachments

• 40 x 96 gable palomares shop (1).jpg
    40 x 96 gable palomares shop (1).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 2_40582758_3_1343263360_636x435.jpg
    2_40582758_3_1343263360_636x435.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #32  
We have a 100 year old dairy barn that has been converted to horse stalls. No equipment goes in it. I have had two friends that their barns burned down from hot equipment. Since our barn is so old, the equipment, even lawn equipment does not get housed in it. It's irreplaceable.

That said, the tractor is too big for any other outbuilding. We had plans to remove and replace the one with the truck and other equipment in it, but life events got in the way. It would be nice to replace it as it too is over 100 years old and is in need of repair. At the rate we are going it may never get replaced. Maybe the next owner has a project.

So the tractor and implements sits outside and IMHO, that is not good,

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #33  
My attached garage and house sit at a 45 degree angle to each other. My little John Deere 318 and later Kubota BX24 would sit in the corner. With the BX 24 attachments, loader, backhoe, box blade etc. it was tight and required removing attachments and a game of tetris at the end of each day.

Finally, we added a third stall with a 10' door for the tractor and attachments. It has made it so much nicer to be able to just drive in at the end of the day, shut it off and walk away.

Doug in SW IA

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #34  
Not yet but in the beginning stages of building a barn this year.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #35  
We have a 100 year old dairy barn that has been converted to horse stalls. No equipment goes in it. I have had two friends that their barns burned down from hot equipment. Since our barn is so old, the equipment, even lawn equipment does not get housed in it. It's irreplaceable.
lol... "old" is relative! The oldest part of our house is 290 years old this year, with two of the three major additions being very substantially older than your dairy barn. I have no qualms about storing my tractor and mower in a 1770's carriage barn, at least it's away from the house.

There actually is evidence the barn had a fire once, maybe 200 years ago for all I know, one post and some of the siding around it was charred from some past experience. I do know that tractors have been stored in this barn only since 1986, when the larger dairy barn was taken down, so the fire did not come from a tractor. Best guess, someone probably once had a stove installed there, to close to combustibles.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #36  
There was a small pole barn, with Masonite siding that was coming apart and metal roof that leaked on our property when we bought it 25+ years ago. That's where I keep my tractor. Here's a shot of it with my tractor in it as I was half way through replacing the siding and roof.

119_1967.JPG

Before I started that I build an open front shed for all my implements. Here it is, partly filled with building materials for the barn remodel.
119_1968.JPG

There was a septic tank there from when there had been a mobile home on the site and it's a ways from the house, so I included a restroom on the end. It also serves as a varmint-poof place to store seeds, and is heated above freezing so we can store garden chemicals there. That's handy since the garden is about where this photo was taken from.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #37  
Maybe a lamp?

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #39  
Started out with a 20x21 carport that we outgrew. A neighbor had a tree land on his during a hurricane, so we took the uncrushed half and added a 12' lean-to to the smaller one. Had a large 26x50 drive through built a few years ago, all working out well, and all out of tree falling distance!

Crushed

Attachments

• DnECP2.jpg
    DnECP2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 152

equipsheds.jpg

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #40  
I don't have any recent pics so this will have to do, until I can take more. And an easy way to put up the ceiling.
P1010058.JPG

P1010047.JPG

Last edited: