Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn?

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #82  
For mouse control in my pole barn, where I store (5) tractors, a boat and a truck camper, I use a couple of these little plastic traps, baited with a dab of peanut butter. I catch a dozen or so per year out there in those, mostly in the cooler months.
IMG_4237.jpeg

I’ve never had any mouse damage to any equipment and I leave the hoods closed on all the tractors. I also don’t have any other food sources out there for them (grain, seed, hay, etc) and I think that helps a lot.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #83  
We have something called rat guard on the barn, so the little rats can’t get access. I think if we had sliding doors instead of the roll up door, we would have more issues too.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #85  
I quickly learned that the cost of shelter can be more $ than the value of what is being sheltered. I still want it though.
So, yes. However that building will also carry residual value on that property. I am also capable of doing more apiary work and general maintenance in poor weather/winter. If I ever leave this place, I’ll recoup some of the cost of the building, and the value of the equipment stored inside will also be greater.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #86  
As old as I am and not much money here's what has worked for me...........12 x 24 ShelterLogic
964.JPG

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #87  
We built a 30x40x12 barn and the tractor shop is 13x30. I store most my implements on a 12’ wide, 12’ tall pallet rack. It stores my snowplow, snowblower, chipper, rototiller, forks, bucket and grapple.
IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #88  
Depends on your climate and quality of finish on your equipment.
A high percentage of automobiles spend their entire time without shelter.
Around here there are a lot of Kubota's, the summer sun fades the paint in just a few years. Tires and hydraulic hoses from all brands will take a beating from the sun.
If you choose not to, it's your money.....

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #89  
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #90  
Nice use of pallet racks. Are you able to put the chipper and snow blower up there using the tractor in the pic?
Yes. The blower is light, 450 lbs or so. The chipper is more of a load, 950lbs. We put the blower up on the shelf yesterday. Chipper will come down in the next couple of weeks. My Montana tractor front end loader is rated to lift 1600lbs to full height. Not sure I would attempt that. At 950 lbs the back end gets really light, even with an 800lb concrete weight on back. Maybe I need a lot more rear ballast. My Montana has a 28hp 4 cylinder Mitsubishi engine.