Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn?

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #71  
What is needed to make it a shop?
Well, lets see, in no particular order:

Concrete floor for rolling equipment, jacks, etc around, better overhead lighting for doing detail work, and heat and insulation for our winters here. Also need to do shelving down the walls at some point.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #72  
I like concrete for doing maintenance, woodworking, honey harvesting, really anything. My tool chests roll easy, my workbench does too. Easy to keep clean.
IMG_0034.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0081.jpeg
IMG_20230227_155317478~2.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #73  
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #75  
This one is 40x60. A little larger than my house 😄
That’s similar square footage to mine (36 x 50 main with 10 x 25 back enclosed shed, 6 x 25 back lean-to woodshed, and 10 x 25 side porch.

The main walls are 12 ft high. I really like the 10 ft truss spacing on this Stockade building because it lets me utilize lots of that upper enclosed space. I am storing lumber recovered from my great great grandads old post and beam barns up there right now.

IMG_4334.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #76  
WoW!!! My 1600 SF house would easily fit in your shop - Clover. This is my carport and shed for the tractor. Most of my implements sit on pallets - out in the orchard. Those with moving parts - Wally chipper and Land Pride grapple - are under cover.

Take notice - my nice green lawn is a field of dead grass by July of the year. The first couple of years we were here - I watered the heck out of it. Ended up with a yard full of dead wet grass. It will spring back to life and be green again with the fall rains.

It's just the way Mother Nature operates.
IMG_0184.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #77  
WoW!!! My 1600 SF house would easily fit in your shop - Clover. This is my carport and shed for the tractor. Most of my implements sit on pallets - out in the orchard. Those with moving parts - Wally chipper and Land Pride grapple - are under cover.
View attachment 864788
Looking at your post I realized that many years ago, before I got into maintaining tractors, I viewed the rural population that left their hoods up on their vehicles as lazy.
Now I view it as a form of rodent control.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #78  
Newbury - absolutely. It's a constant battle. Mice and Chipmunks. I have the hood open on ALL vehicles - ATV, riding mower, tractor and Power Wagon. Seems the little buggers do not like the open spaces.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #79  
And from reading your posts you can't keep barn cats around due to coyotes.
Typical problem, not enough *****
cats.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #80  
Newbury - been out here 42+ years. Three times I've had barn cats. They are the ULTIMATE means to control mice, chipmunks and even to a certain degree - the pocket gophers.

However - they just don't understand. By day its the hawks and coyotes. By night it's the owls and coyotes. I even had a cougar come thru and kill six in one night.

I provide shelter - food - water for these cats. They roam out beyond the influence of the yard light - at night. With my flashlight - I can see the coyote eyeballs. They are out there just waiting - patiently.

I feel sorry for these cats and that's why I haven't obtained more of them.

What I really need - a trained Bob cat or Badger.