DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #1  

TmbrWlkr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota l3400
What is the procedure for running the PTO from “off the tractor” on a new dk4510. I run a wood chipper and 3pt winch quite a bit on my kubota l3400. Am looking at the dk4510 for the increased loader capacity, but haven’t found anything in the literature about running fixed implements. Got to be a way, right?

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #2  
If it has indeed a safety shut off, it will probably require just to put the tractor in Neutral and apply the parking brake.

From the manual, I found these two points:

- When using the PTO drive with a stationary tractor, always make sure that the gears are in neutral and that the parking brake is applied.

- When operating stationary P.T.O driven equipment, always apply the tractor parking brake and place chocks behind and in front of the rear wheels. Stay clear of all rotating parts.

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station
If it has indeed a safety shut off, it will probably require just to put the tractor in Neutral and apply the parking brake.

From the manual, I found these two points:

- When using the PTO drive with a stationary tractor, always make sure that the gears are in neutral and that the parking brake is applied.

- When operating stationary P.T.O driven equipment, always apply the tractor parking brake and place chocks behind and in front of the rear wheels. Stay clear of all rotating parts.
Thanks - on the Kubota l4701 you also have to flip the seat up, was just wondering if there was anything like that required.

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #4  
With a Kubota you do have to flip the seat up but I think you have two seconds to do so before the engine shuts down.

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #5  
On my CK, To start/re-start the motor its Butt in Seat, Neutral, Foot on Brake but after that it's Neutral and Parking Brake to run the PTO while off the tractor, as said.

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #7  
On my CK, To start/re-start the motor its Butt in Seat, Neutral, Foot on Brake but after that it's Neutral and Parking Brake to run the PTO while off the tractor, as said.

Weird. On my 2019 CK3510SE, I only have to apply the brake to start. When running my chipper, I often start and shutdown the tractor while standing next to it. No neutral or seat switch. There doesn't appear to be any safeties at all with the PTO. Don't even need the brake applied. 🤷‍♂️

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #8  
My tractor is the same as StanB. But I have a clutch I need to depress vs the brake.

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #9  
With a Kubota you do have to flip the seat up but I think you have two seconds to do so before the engine shuts down.
Not all of them. The bigger M series have no OPC at all, just a reminder buzzer.

/ DK4510 - running PTO while out of operators station #10  
Weird. On my 2019 CK3510SE, I only have to apply the brake to start. When running my chipper, I often start and shutdown the tractor while standing next to it. No neutral or seat switch. There doesn't appear to be any safeties at all with the PTO. Don't even need the brake applied. 🤷‍♂️
Must be something for the 2020/2021 models..? Dealer specifically pointed it out and so far on mine it's butt in the seat to start and neutral + brake when getting off or it will die in 2-3 secs.