DK40 Doesn't Shut Off

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off
I knew my DK SE manual was off for my tractor wiring wise but got it on ebay for the other information.
Based on the schematic and your comments Relay timer #8 @ $ 47.83 is the correct part for my DK40, to control my stop solenoid.
Please confirm I'm on the right track and I'll order the part?
Thanks, Mike

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off #12  
I knew my DK SE manual was off for my tractor wiring wise but got it on ebay for the other information.
Based on the schematic and your comments Relay timer #8 @ $ 47.83 is the correct part for my DK40, to control my stop solenoid.
Thanks, Mike

Mike inspect the tractor and if you see a module that looks like the one that rich pointed to in his link then you can be sure that is the correct part you need to order. My SE tractor is much different and does not have this module.

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off
For future reference,etc., the full 18 page linked electrical schematic, #5, Main Circuit, shows the Timer Relay, part#8 with 7 wires connected. I just uncovered that relay which lies directly under the fuel gauge (right side) on the cowl side of the firewall. Access is via the plastic dash and other plastics surrounding and below the dash. The parts list shows that relay as T4340-60243 but (weirdly-the North Korean weird? influence) my part has a clear sticker with T4340-60242 on it? Maybe a superseded#?

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off #14  
For future reference,etc., the full 18 page linked electrical schematic, #5, Main Circuit, shows the Timer Relay, part#8 with 7 wires connected. I just uncovered that relay which lies directly under the fuel gauge (right side) on the cowl side of the firewall. Access is via the plastic dash and other plastics surrounding and below the dash. The parts list shows that relay as T4340-60243 but (weirdly-the North Korean weird? influence) my part has a clear sticker with T4340-60242 on it? Maybe a superseded#?

I would guess the 243 is a upgraded part number. Pretty common.

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off
I would guess the 243 is a upgraded part number. Pretty common.

Yep, the "!" beside the number is the usual tip off for a part information consideration on Kioti parts.

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off #16  
This thread is of interest to me. The timer unit on the Hurlimann started acting up some years ago. It is of a similar design in that current is passed to the fuel shut off solenoid only for a few seconds after the key switch is turned to off. The big difference is the replacement cost. Nearly 10X the price listed for the Kioti unit.

So, if the Kioti unit could be made to work, I would give it a try to augment the hand rod that is now connected to the fuel shut off lever and passed out to the operator station.

Can anyone advise what is the nature of the VACCUM SENSOR (Vacuum) on the schematic shown in post 10. Where would Vacuum be sensed on a turbo charged engine?

It appears that any solid jumper wire would defeat it. Similarly the "Hydronic temp sensor". But that safety shut down feature is part of the Hurlimann wiring harness.

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off
As a life long motorcycle rider and one used to hand controls that always work (if the cables not broken),I did consider saving some bucks and simply running a cable to the fuel shut off lever. It even pulls toward the operator...

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off #18  
As a life long motorcycle rider and one used to hand controls that always work (if the cables not broken),I did consider saving some bucks and simply running a cable to the fuel shut off lever. It even pulls toward the operator...

There is something to be said for fail safe simplicity... Two tractors ago, (my Kubota 7500) worked that way. Had a little black knob to pull. Of course you had to remember to shove it back in the next time you went to start it. :)

/ DK40 Doesn't Shut Off #19  
Thanks, Mike

Mike: As far as I can see, the timer relay is the only thing that can be frying your stop solenoid or preventing it from stopping the tractor (knowing that you verified the solenoid functions correctly on 12v). That solenoid was intended to be powered for a only few seconds. So I am confident you need to replace the timer relay.

As others have mentioned, the SE/EX is two generations newer. That EX manual is nicer but it will lead you astray. You can find one version of the old DK40 manual at this link. This site is in France, I think, but the manual is in English. I have seen these manuals hosted on sites in France and Germany so maybe those countries (or the EU) require this data to be available (apparently not so in the US). There are often several versions of these old manuals; they contain errors and have not been updated, so use with care.

There is good news: the old stop solenoid setup does not seem to be vulnerable to the injection pump failures (broken gear teeth) that plagued some 2005-2008 models.

Last edited:
   / DK40 Doesn't Shut Off #20  
Thanks, Mike

Mike, have a look at this link 83.26.2.45 - /ftp/eclates pieces/KIOTI/

Never mind the foreign language on the titles, some of the documents themselves are in English, you just have to look for it a bit. I think you may find something very useful in there
:cough: CK, DK, and EX Workshop and parts manuals :cough: