DIY Fire Starter’s

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #81  
Bernzomatic torch on scrap wood, bark chips or dry logs. Other choice is a “fire log” sliced into 30 pieces.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #82  
Can't beat sawdust soaked in fuel oil kept in a jar
Amen!

I soak sawdust with old motor oil and keep it in a large coffee can near the stove. A golf-ball size glob is all that's needed to get the kindling fired up and going strong.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #83  
Those somewhat 'glossy' magazine pages are so because they are coated with (used to be clay) something that diminishes their ability to burn intensely and generate the immediate heat of newsprint. Not readily ignited nor burned - great for ideas, not fuel!
Ideas was the intent here of course :LOL:

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #84  
Hi guys I split the wood in small strips and cut them with makita cordless saw and use charcoal starter fuild. All sometimes small squares starters from Amazon. A little diffenent topic I just purchased some Forester Hookaron Pickaroon Logging tool it sure make splitting work easier.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #85  
Roll newspaper into rolls about 1” in diameter. Do not need to be tightly wound. Soak in melted paraffin or melted wax. Can be cut into smaller pieces or used like a log. Will burn quite some time, enough to start a fire, also water resistant

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #86  
Nah you are over thinking it, it means what it is written ... No thanks. Short for, No but thanks or no thankyou

I understand asking clarification if you didn't understand something because of the way it is written. It is something else to correct the grammar when you understood what the person meant, that will get old pretty quick, so you can stop. If you do so regularly you will simply end up being ignored left and right. I always had difficulties with French grammar growing up (it is my fist language) and guess what, I still do. I am not going to turn that around at my age and spend the effort understanding the complexity of the French language I am a lost cause. I learned English later in life (self-thought) and I am still learning, I know my grammar and punctuation could be a lot better, but it is easier in English, there is odd rules that I never learn and I have hard time getting my head around but the last thing I want is getting corrected every time a write a comment I am not here to get grammars and punctuations lesson. My goal is understanding and being understood and help folks along the way like the majority of folks here. You can correct peoples all you want but trust me it not going to help you or anyone by doing so.
I admire you for learning two languages. You actually write well in English. None of us gets it perfectly. I am trying to learn Chinese, and I am not very good at it. But think of language this way: Many on this forum are skilled craftspeople and are proud of their ability to build/assemble/use tools in their occupation or as a craft. They would be ashamed to do a sloppy job of using tools in performance of a task. And many would appreciate advice on how to do something better. Many come to this forum for that purpose. Language is a tool also, and use of language is a craft. I find it puzzling that some who are proud of their use of other tools seem nonchalant about the sloppy use of language. To me, precise use of language goes along with precise use of any tool. Communication should be done as clearly as possible. Maybe I am a bit OCD about it after writing more than 3 dozen technical articlesa and two technical books, but maybe this explanation will help you to understand where I am coming from.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #87  
Hi guys I split the wood in small strips and cut them with makita cordless saw and use charcoal starter fuild. All sometimes small squares starters from Amazon. A little diffenent topic I just purchased some Forester Hookaron Pickaroon Logging tool it sure make splitting work easier.

Pickaroons/hookaroons are invaluable at saving one's back picking up logs and dragging branches. I bought the Fiskars version several years ago. I also use a Pinch-a-Log for heavier rounds. (Yes, that is a real product!)

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #88  
I lose power nearly every time it snows so after years of research, trial and error, I found that cotton balls covered in Vaseline works great.
Soften the Vaseline and dip the cotton balls in it.
It solidifies again soon after. It only takes one to get the fire going.
I keep a jar of them in my emergency (SHTF)closet along with wooden matches with the tips dipped in melted wax (waterproofed).
I hope this helps.
I am sure it works well. But with the cost of Vaseline, it this cheaper than using store-bought fire starters made of wax and sawdust? I start my fires with half of a piece.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #89  
I use Cotton balls and Vaseline then I take jumbo straws and cut them into 2 inch lengths .
shove the cotton ball into the straw then melt both end of the straw together with a lighter.
This makes them portable and they last much longer.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #90  
We were wondering, what are some of the ways that you guys are making your own fire starter’s. I tried small dried fir cones dipped in wax not good. Now using shredded paper stuffed into an ice tray with melted wax works good! Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for any ideas. ☮️✌🏻
DE3532B7-5788-4586-B735-46A8D7B9B602.jpeg

These things work, quite well….. but them on Amazon….. Ur welcome. 😅👍