Disc

/ Disc #1  

OrangeM

Tractor
Kubota M6060
Hello, I purchased a m6060 few months back. I’m looking for a good 3pt disc in the 6-7ft range. I wouldn’t mind an older disc that needs work. I enjoy messing with stuff. I was wondering what disk to look for.

I’ve been trying to find a model 25 Massey but without much luck. I don’t really care about what brand it is as long as it will work. Uses will be food plots, gardens.

Thanks,

/ Disc #2  
T-B-N ARCHIVE:

/ Disc
That’s a good read. The 7.5 foot howse would probably work good. My tractor is a 4wd. Rear tires is also watered and has a loader. Tires are radial R1’s.

/ Disc #4  
20 yrs ago I bought a cheap old Towner 6x7 with steel wheels. It had a screw jack adjuster for the wheels. I replaced the screw mechanism with a hydraulic cylinder so I can adjust depth or just lift it up to move it without the discs touching the ground. It is probably 50-70 yrs old, solid as a rock. Been used behind 3 tractors over the yrs. Keep the hubs greased and they will last a lifetime.

/ Disc #5  
That’s a good read. The 7.5 foot howse would probably work good. My tractor is a 4wd. Rear tires is also watered and has a loader. Tires are radial R1’s.

Howse went bankrupt several years ago.

/ Disc #6  
I have a Land Pride DH1048. It's built tough BUT it's just too light to do any descent work here. All my land is virgin and tough to break. It's even too light to do much AFTER the land is broken with a moldboard plow.

It would be just great if you had a field of marshmallows or shaving cream.

It was purchased BEFORE I knew the "old saw" - weight is your friend.

I have the land ( 80 acres ) and many fields and meadows. If I wanted to disk those - I would be looking at an offset disk harrow from Brown or something like that.

/ Disc #7  
I mounted a 55 gal drum on my Towner disk. Simply chained it down with a racketing binder.
Filling the barrel with water adds 500 pounds of weight to the disc, helping it cut the hard ground here.

/ Disc #8  
The only disc ive played with is a tiny 48” two row with smooth discs.. i had to add 350lbs to the top of it before it would do anything to virgin ground. Ive since learned there is such thing as primary and secondary tillage and what i was trying to do was not really how its intended to be used anyway.

/ Disc #9  
Those old M-F 22 and 25 disks are tough to beat. I bought a model 22 years ago at an auction and still use it. Best advantage is the adjusting levers to set cut at whatever you need. Full cut to knock down plowed ground or set it straighter to finish. In the Fall I set it full cut to rough up garden soil, then broadcast Rye on for cover crop. Set the gangs on abut the 3rd set of notches to mix/cover seed.

Check smaller used equipment dealers, auctions, community auctions, Craigslist, or if you're on FaceBook, check FB Marketplace. I've seen quite a few over the years at all above mentioned. Auctionzip.com is a great place to check auctions in your area for what you're looking for.