Digging and Screening Gravel

/ Digging and Screening Gravel #1  

David Devuono

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200
I found a good source of gravel on my property for making concrete and doing road work. Digging was tough on my Kubota B3200 even with a toothed bucket. Since my MF135 is on its last legs I transferred over a backhoe I made several years ago. I built an independant hydraulic system for the backhoe using a pump off the PTO and a separate tank. Also this spring I built a screening plant because removing rocks by hand was getting boring. Here I am scraping away at some glacial gravel and putting it through my screener. Even though I am running the tractor at 1600 RPM (300 PTO?) its still a bit of a bucking bronco as I learn to feather the controls.

Digging and screening gravel - YouTube

/ Digging and Screening Gravel #2  
Looks good! - Nice backhoe and screen!

/ Digging and Screening Gravel #3  
Nice video. Wish I had your skills. I'd screen for soil, more rocks than dirt here.:)

/ Digging and Screening Gravel #4  
I get the most digging force when working from the top: Once my bucket is in the face of the pit, i pull all the weight down on the outriggers, instead of lifting the tractor by pushing the bucket down..

/ Digging and Screening Gravel #5  
nice work of backhoe then the fel bucket. to get a full fel bucket of dirt. interesting little setup for the rock sifter!

/ Digging and Screening Gravel #6  
Do you have any other photos or video of your shifter, it looks very nice