Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer?

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #11  
I took the guard off once to see how it was like. I was covered in grass, mud and dirt, also I didn’t get done any sooner. Couldn’t see any benefit with it off. I put it back on, I can see what I am trimming just fine with it on. And I see no benefit to trim with longer line that would occur without the guard keeping it a certain length.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #12  
Depends on what I have on the business end of my straight shaft trimmer. If it's a scratcher blade, no guard. Line trimmer, guard.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #13  
I left mine on for the same reason that I don't bush hog with this:

1673111422718.png

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #14  
I left mine on for the same reason that I don't bush hog with this:

View attachment 778185
Oh man, that looks like something to keep you on your toes (and hard at work trying to keep attached to your feet). If they gave out awards for darwin awards, this one would be a finalist!

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #15  
Woah! That is scary as heck.

my young self may have given it a try
my older self knows better.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #16  
Guard remover on 1 when trimming high thick stuff,other trimmer guard on for around the house near wife flower gardens etc.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #17  
   / Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #18  
Are you kidding me...???
Nobody here on TBN would ever do anything like that...that would be as bad as bypassing safety switches etc...you should be ashamed for even asking...!!

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #19  
First thing I do is take off the guard and the bump feeder. Both are near useless for what I do. Then I'll put on a third party head, that takes much thicker individual cut line. I wear a motorcycle helmet with a face shield. :)

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #20  
I thought I had seen every attachment made for the old Fords. Wow, what was somebody thinking with this one?
Guaranteed to make an OSHA inspector hyperventilate!! 😂🤣