Diabetes

/ Diabetes #251  
Trouble is that our bodies literally run on sugar. Everything gets broken down to sugar—but the thing is how fast it gets broken down to sugar. That's why diabetics pay attention to the three macros: fat, protein, and carbs. Carbs should be limited, and a high fat diet is preferred.
Wrong. Do you have the most recent studies? Just don't look at numbers, look for the cure.
Fat causes insulin resistance.

Also
"Studies dating back nearly a century noted a striking finding: If you take young, healthy people and split them up into two groups—half on a fat-rich diet and half on a carbohydrate-rich diet—we find that within just two days, glucose intolerance skyrockets in the fat group. The group that had been shoveling fat in ended up with twice the blood sugar. As the amount of fat in the diet goes up, so does one’s blood sugar. Why would eating fat lead to higher blood sugar levels? It would take scientists nearly seven decades to unravel this mystery, but it would end up holding the key to our current understanding of the cause of type 2 diabetes."

/ Diabetes #252  
Wrong. Do you have the most recent studies? Just don't look at numbers, look for the cure.

Also
"Studies dating back nearly a century noted a striking finding: If you take young, healthy people and split them up into two groups—half on a fat-rich diet and half on a carbohydrate-rich diet—we find that within just two days, glucose intolerance skyrockets in the fat group. The group that had been shoveling fat in ended up with twice the blood sugar. As the amount of fat in the diet goes up, so does one’s blood sugar. Why would eating fat lead to higher blood sugar levels? It would take scientists nearly seven decades to unravel this mystery, but it would end up holding the key to our current understanding of the cause of type 2 diabetes."
Okay, those people are killing diabetics, txdon.

Eating fat doesn't cause one to become fat, eating carbs with anything else is what spikes insulin and packs on the fat.

Fat takes our bodies the longest to process and turn into sugars. As Md. Fuhrman stated in his The End of Diabetes, while surveying different diets:

"There is no evidence to suggest that a diet of equal calories that is extremely low in fat is an advantage for prevention or treatment of heart disease or any other disease. Studies that compare dietary fat percentages suggest that it is not the fat level, but other more critical qualities, that make the diet more of less beneficial" (emphasis, his, p. 109).

Fuhrman continues, writing: "I want to be clear that the benefits of a vegetarian or vegetable-based diet are not the result of low-fat intake. ...unlike the people advocating plant-based diets, I recommend more vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, and seeds and less bread, potato, and rice. The daily addition of one or two ounces of nuts and seeds, which average about 175 calories an ounce, can bring up to 15 to 30 percent of calories from fat. This is important..." (ibidem, p. 109).

There are so many good resources on this subject on the internet now. For example, pick this video up at 3:53.

/ Diabetes #254  
Hopefully we can agree that this is true science. It's not known for certain what is best, and it may be that there is a different solution for different people. I'm looked at some of the nutritionfacts stuff. It's clear that the medical doctor behind it is well read, but so are the many other doctors in the field. What makes this complicated is the many variables: correlation vs. causation, different bodies, various foods. Not all beef is the same, not all carbs are the same, our bodies deal with different substances based upon what else has been put into it. I'm just hoping that we advance more in the science before politics gets into it.

Once politics gets stronger, then the industry money will cloud the science. Doctor's research will be attacked and not recognized as valuable. I found the lawsuit against Dr. Tim Noakes interesting as he had to defend himself against money from industries in South Africa. Anyone advocating for low carbs is going to get attacked by the corn, potatoes, and grain farm interests if they get too much power.

/ Diabetes #255  

Also
Why are my glucose levels 20-50 points lower consistently when I am eating a high fat/low carb diet, and why did my A1C go from 5.6 to 5.3 in about 3 months?

It also seems that Dr. Gregor is vegan, perhaps? Might this cloud his judgement?

/ Diabetes #257  
   / Diabetes #258  
It makes no sense whatsoever, logically, scientifically, or anecdotally, that eating more carbs will lower ones blood sugar levels. My wife can been eating carnivore (nothing but meat, butter, a bit of dairy) for over a year and has nothing but positive results from doing so.

Lower blood sugar levels
Lower A1C
Lower body fat levels
Increased, consistent energy
No longer suffers from joint pain
No longer asthmatic
A CAC score of "0."

/ Diabetes #260  
That is the same article, or another article, pointing to the same study as was posted earlier in the week. If you read the details, it doesn't really say much. It isn't a strong study as the findings aren't too surprising or interesting, but the "may" is just to grab a headline. There are many stronger studies which have evidence contradicting the "may be linked" from this data.