Deutz diff. lock

/ Deutz diff. lock #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
I see Deutz has differential lock on both axles on their smaller tractors, not sure on the larger ones. Sounds like a nice feature, do any of the other compact lines offer this? How are the Deutz compacts? Anybody own one?
JJ

/ Deutz diff. lock #2  
The larger tractors have differential lock on both axles as well. Also like the 4 wheel breaking. I don't have a loader on my Afroplus 87 but I bet it would be a great loader tractor with the shuttle and "stop and go". Never use the clutch pedal except to start the engine.

/ Deutz diff. lock #3  
Deutz compacts are really more farm tractors than compact tractors. Our market for Agrokid models is vinyards where they need small but heavy, 50hp in a 30hp size chassis and with features you normally only see on larger farm tractors. For example, front, mid and rear hydrualics, front PTO and rear 540/540E/1000/1000E PTO, Front and rear 3 point hitch, 4 wheel differental lock ect, ect. The only thing they dont share with the larger models is 4 wheel brakes.

Buck

/ Deutz diff. lock #4  
Deutz compacts are really more farm tractors than compact tractors. Our market for Agrokid models is vinyards where they need small but heavy, 50hp in a 30hp size chassis and with features you normally only see on larger farm tractors. For example, front, mid and rear hydrualics, front PTO and rear 540/540E/1000/1000E PTO, Front and rear 3 point hitch, 4 wheel differental lock ect, ect. The only thing they dont share with the larger models is 4 wheel brakes.

Buck

My dealer had one of the 50HP models back in the summer. I had no idea it had that much HP until he showed me the spec sheet. Very nice cab on such a small tractor. I commented to him that the hydraulic filter was larger than the tractor. (grin) It's a very small package of power. Engine and hydraulics.

Just finished 3 days of deep subsoiling with my Agroplus. Useing a cat. 2 jd subsoiler, single shank. These fields hadn't been touched since 1968. (been in fescue pasture since then) Had 8 drought years out of the last 10 and soil was "very tight". Used 4 wd and ran the subsoiler at 29 in. depth. Was very impressed with the speed I could run. Before I got the 87 I used a 64HP Long and a 574 IH for this work. Could run about 2 mph with 22 in. of depth. The Agroplus 87 handled it well at 4.5 mph. Used 1.8 gph fuel with a constant load. When pulling a side slinger spreader loaded with 5-6 tons it uses 1.2 gph. It's a fuel sipper for that kind of HP.