Deutz Compression Test

/ Deutz Compression Test #1  

OpenSourceEcology

Tractor
LifeTrac
I'm trying to do a compression test on a friend's Deutz-Allis tractor. It has a BF4L913 engine. Does anybody know of an adapter that fits in the injector bore for this engine? Its a mid-80s tractor. Thanks.

/ Deutz Compression Test #2  
For Deutz, you might want to look into MEMO Corporation. Nice people to deal with. Don't give them your E-Mail though, or you will never stop hearing from them.

/ Deutz Compression Test
Tried calling memo but they didn't know of an adapter. Called Foley Engines in MA and they said they no longer carry an adapter for the 913 but that the Harbor Freight kit has one that works. I'm gonna try it and maybe one will work.

/ Deutz Compression Test
The harbor freight kit does have an adapter that works. Got 160-180psi on all 4 cylinders. I'm recommending we do a overhaul with new cylinder jugs, pistons, and bearings.

This is on a Deutz-Allis 7085 2wd from early 80s. Does anyone know if you can get away with dropping the oil pan without splitting the tractor? Looks like 4 out of 6 bolts for the front axle connect to the oil pan. Can I sneak it out without pulling the whole front axle by just leaving the other 2 bolts in?