Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings
Closer to $360/yd for 4,000psi concrete. Beats mixing it by hand though!

All the best,

Peter
Wow! That's pricey. Why so high? Do you live in a far away area from concrete plant?

Mixing by hand would take months :)

Labor is high out here also. $2,500 for the crew

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings #62  
Wow! That's pricey. Why so high? Do you live in a far away area from concrete plant?

Mixing by hand would take months :)

Labor is high out here also. $2,500 for the crew
Partly, I think it is that the concrete plants nearby run close to capacity, so they can charge what they want without losing business, partly we in particular, pay a little more because the 7cu.yd. trucks come loaded with only 5cu.yds. due to the local roads/access. We are about 15 miles from two competing plants, with a third 30 miles away.

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings #63  
I recently paid about $335 ayard. Two suppliers are running at max, so they get what they can...

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings #64  
Wow. I paid $110 4 years ago. Plant 10 miles away. Hired a pumper on two pours. $800 each time.

I sound like an old man saying "how do people pay these prices nowadays". 😐

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings #65  
Dec 2020 for our home it was $325 and the excavation guy was surprised how much Covi* raised the price.
Oct 2021 for our garage it was $350
No way around those prices, as the two companies are the only close enough ones. The ones further away are just as busy.

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings #66  
Dec 2020 for our home it was $325 and the excavation guy was surprised how much Covi* raised the price.
Oct 2021 for our garage it was $350
No way around those prices, as the two companies are the only close enough ones. The ones further away are just as busy.
I truly do not mind inflation raising prices. And for the last 18 months that's what's happening. But the Covi* thing simply irritates me. We need to remember those companies in our future business dealings. :cautious:

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings #67  
Locally concrete is about $165 a yd plus tax and other bs fees which brings it to about $190yd.

/ Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings
On the saw cut portions. I was looking to use the SIKA FLEX Self-Leveling Polyurethane Sealant. I've used it before and it worked great to seal up the saw cut joints. Probably do it over the weekend. Otherwise, dirt & debris gets into those joints and turns into a mess to clean out later.

Saw Cut.jpg

Last edited:
   / Detach 48x28 Garage - Footings #69  
Yep. If you plan to keep the floor clean, fill the cuts.