Deere sues AGCO

/ Deere sues AGCO #23  
So they're just mad because their acquisition of Percision was blocked, but AGCO was able to acquire it and they're suing them because they feel AGCO is infringing on their patents. John Deere needs some competition. If anything they should have sued the DOJ for blocking their acquisition of Precision.

I doubt Deere will win this lawsuit, seeing as this is just retaliation of not being able to buy out their competition. They are trying to have some sort of monopoly on this as they feel like having any competition is costing them billions.

/ Deere sues AGCO #24  
Objection!

Answers a question that was not asked.;)

Steve

PS

I'm not a lawyer, so I have to look up possible objections.:)

Just lock him up, Judge. A week of fried bologna sandwiches will get him back on track!

/ Deere sues AGCO
Just lock him up, Judge. A week of fried bologna sandwiches will get him back on track!

I'm glad you showed up.

What is the proper way to object to testimony based on an opinion from someone who has not been qualified as an "expert witness"?:)

Steve

/ Deere sues AGCO #26  
I'm glad you showed up.

What is the proper way to object to testimony based on an opinion from someone who has not been qualified as an "expert witness"?:)

Steve
You put them on your ignore list. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

/ Deere sues AGCO #27  
Who's getting their "butt handed to them"? JD (who invested their money and research into the product) or the other company (who infringed on JD's investment)?

See my earlier post re: Jon Kinzenbaugh. Inform yourself. This is history repeating itself. You might also want to investigate just how much R&D Deere did to develop Precision Planting, who is (or was) an independent competitor of Deere.

/ Deere sues AGCO #28  
I'm glad you showed up.

Steve

And that has been my entire line of questioning... no evidence has been presented; only conjecture and biased opinion presented.

I would say the same thing were the companies involved; for example, Kubota vs. Mahindra.

Edit: additional; This is about 12 patents. JD has the rights (in whole or in part) to those patents. AGCO now owns the company which developed those patents (in conjunction with JD, in whole or in part). So, keeping emotion ("David vs. Goliath", "Big Green", etc...) out of it, what is fair patent practice to the company who either developed the original patent or paid to have it developed.

Last edited:
   / Deere sues AGCO #30  
Well, in the standards space there's always FRAND[1]. However given that this is only two companies I don't know how if that still applies.

[1] Reasonable and non-discriminatory licensing - Wikipedia

Sounds good to me and, keeping emotion out of it, it looks like JD developed these 12 patents with this company.

The company came up for sale and JD was refused by the USDOJ from acquiring it. AGCO has bought it but JD doesn't want to 'automatically, due to acquisition' give up its rights to those patents (in whole or in part) due to their investment (practical & financial) in those patents.

If the reverse was true, ie: AGCO developed the patents with the company for sale and JD bought that company, AGCO would be the one suing for their 'intellectual' rights.