Deere sues AGCO

/ Deere sues AGCO #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
From Deere Legal Battle Highlights Race for $24 Billion Farm Tech Market - Bloomberg

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 11.23.06 AM.png

This should be a gold mine for ag. engineers serving as expert witnesses.:)

Steve

Last edited:
   / Deere sues AGCO #2  
It is easier to buy a company for 190 million dollars as compared to defending a bunch of patents,,

The $190 million would have been cheap,,,

/ Deere sues AGCO #3  
What I read is that this was a legitimate competing product, and Deere corp recognized this as a legitimate competing product, made an effort to buy it, offering $190 million, which failed. But then when their competitor acquired it instead of them, they changed course to assert they owned the intellectual property rights all along. Even when they were trying to buy it.

Seems pretty easy to predict the outcome.

/ Deere sues AGCO #4  
This should be a gold mine for ag. engineers serving as expert witnesses.

On the contrary, I would say its a pain in the rear for the ag. engineers and a gold mine for the attorneys. Just my personal feeling having worked as an ag engineer and having to answer a lot of really ignorant lawyer questions.

/ Deere sues AGCO

On the contrary, I would say its a pain in the rear for the ag. engineers and a gold mine for the attorneys. Just my personal feeling having worked as an ag engineer and having to answer a lot of really ignorant lawyer questions.

I'm guessing that both sides would hire "outside" ag. engineers to provide "independent" testimony.

Steve

/ Deere sues AGCO #8  
Jon Kinzenbaugh cleaned Mother Deere痴 clock in court over very similar arrogance.
That he did and it's a pretty interesting read if you go through the whole thing...

Over the years, Deere has been the prince of thieves! lol

SR

/ Deere sues AGCO #9  

Engineers are like that. They often have to be reminded that having the correct key technically, will not open or unlock the legal doors. I have worked with Engineers, Physicians, Chemists, Nurses, other attorneys and some just plain nut cases. Engineers gave me the most problems; thank goodness I had the last say in the matter. In all fairness, the Engineers were pretty good in keeping us from blowing ourselves up or getting gassed.

/ Deere sues AGCO
Engineers are like that. They often have to be reminded that having the correct key technically, will not open or unlock the legal doors. I have worked with Engineers, Physicians, Chemists, Nurses, other attorneys and some just plain nut cases. Engineers gave me the most problems; thank goodness I had the last say in the matter. In all fairness, the Engineers were pretty good in keeping us from blowing ourselves up or getting gassed.

You never experienced the joy of working with economists? How sad is that?;)

Steve