Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758?

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #41  
So the answer is to put a resistor in series with the sensor ?

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #42  
So it seems. About to order the part and then will let you all know.

Haasman

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #43  
Both parts (for Diesel AM146977) and the one (for Gas AM147229) are identified as sensors according to the John Deere parts system.

The Service bulletin is dated Jun 16 2017

Haasman

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #44  
That bulletin is less than a year old, hopefully the word will get out and it actually fixes the problem.
Hopefully another example of sensors demonstrating GIGO

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #45  
Update- Installed the part AM146977. No difference. PTO thermal shut off as the fine material swirled up and into the radiator and cooler(s).

I've contacted the dealer. So far they have been very interested in seeing what John Deere thinks. Manager I spoke with said he'd hear of this once before.

Haasman

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #47  
   / Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #48  
My X750 has overheating issues . It is at the dealer right now for resolution. Only 69 hours in it! It went in because the 60 inch mower kept shutting off. Dealer says it showed 19 overheat faults that killed the mower power as a safety precaution. He has no fix. Says to blow out the radiator every time I use the tractor but that it looked clean when I had it picked up? This is my 3rd Yanmar engine- one I have had for 35 years. Yanmar normally makes good stuff. May not keep this X750 vert long!

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #49  
I blow our x749 out every time the yard gets mowed.

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #50  
Appreciate the water wetter suggestion. I am familiar with it. I am not sure that is the solution. I will consider using it.

In background, the engine doesn't seem that hot when it shuts down. I'll take some temp measures across it. The oil cooler and radiator both accumulate very fine debris across their cooling fins, but nowhere blocked or impeded. If I pull the removable screen while running, the debris scatters immediately and is almost completely pulled through the radiator ending up being clean.

I installed the updates but no real discernible difference. I think the PTO and engine thermal thresholds are too low.... AND the debris management is poor and disappointing. Since John Deere runs huge combines across our country's farms I am guessing they can solve this.

The dealer rep I spoke with seemed very interested in trying to solve the overheating problem, when we spoke on the phone several weeks ago. I am placing a follow-up call this coming week.

Haasman