Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758?

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #21  
I had that happen to me but what I found for me was dirt build up between the radiator and oil cooler, but sounds like you checked all that already, maybe.

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #22  
I continuously clean that area.... but haven't scrubbed it type of thing. Thats next. Thanks for your comments.

Haasman

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #23  
Subscribed

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #24  
from the Deere site:

AUGUST 23, 2018
Overheating Fixed
5/5
"This is the best lawn tractor I have ever owned and at age 70 I've had many lawn tractors to compare it to. I could not have said that when I first purchased the X754 because it would constantly overheat. John Deere now has a fix for this problem. The part number for my particular mower (62 inch deck) is AM13376. I mow two acreages taking about 5 hours. Now I can mow both acreages without stopping to clean the screens."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The addition of full time 4 wheel drive adds a heat load to the system, hence I would use a fully synthetic motor oil of high quality to help reduce this load. As well as a fully synthetic oil to the deck gear box, and grease with a fully synthetic grease for the deck spindles. It all adds up.

John Deere Anti-Blowout Grass Kit - AM133765

Summit Racing offers a water wetter additive to help in transfer of heat, Deere should have taken all of this into consideration and added an extra row of coils in the radiator.

My X750 gets hot sometimes, but when the temp gauge gets up half way its time to clean the screens. I do this with a electric leaf blower. I lift the hood, blow off the intake screens, pull the internal screen, blow it off, then blow off the engine, and blow through both ways the radiator and trans cooler, I do this back and forth until I'm happy its all clean. Then back to mowing.

Also be sure your fan blade is installed properly, I'm sure it is, but good to check it anyway.

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #25  
I have installed the "anti blow out kit" mentioned above. The picture shows what is installed and what is removed. It limits the light fluffy clippings blowing out from under the deck (mostly the left front). It has helped the amount of debris stuck in the screens and what I breathe.

anti blow out kit_1.JPG

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #26  
what size mower deck is that kit for. I had to make my own last year because nothing was available from deere for my 54 inch deck.

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #27  
My kit for the 62" deck was #AM133766. The above link for the #AM133765 kit shows it is for the 54" C and X decks.

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #28  
Do you have the mulching blades/ deck attachments? Or does the deck discharge the clippings out the right side? If it does discharge out the right side do you have the high lift blades? I ask because I'm wondering if you can manage the problem by controlling the actual grass cuttings.

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #29  
Just a guess, but I'd look seriously at the fins in the radiator clogged and plugged with a coating of dust and water that has turned to mud.
But then would think that a serious external surface cleaning (steam, mineral spirits, Simple Green, etc. ) by the dealer would have already taken that out as a possibility.

Good luck finding the problem.

/ Deere site reviews indicate the X754 has overheating issues. Why not X750 or X758? #30  
I finally remembered to do this.
Here is where my X750 temp gauge sits, doesn't move for anything,
not once in five years has it gotten any higher than this, mowing hours on end in 90+ weather.

Is this what the rest of you are seeing?

Attachments

• IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 150