Loader Deere 2150 "surging" problem

/ Deere 2150 "surging" problem #1  

Brouillette

Tractor
Deere 2150
Hello all-

I have a JD2150 that recently became harder to start and has begun to "surge" (increase in rpm's) without changes to the throttle position. Won't do it all the time, but every 20 min or so it will jump up in speed and then slow down after 30 seconds. I replaced the fuel filter about a month ago, bled the fuel line, etc. Ran fine since then, but started this about a week ago. Any thoughts about what might cause this? What am I missing? Thanks in advance,

Dan

/ Deere 2150 "surging" problem #2  
Hello all-

I have a JD2150 that recently became harder to start and has begun to "surge" (increase in rpm's) without changes to the throttle position. Won't do it all the time, but every 20 min or so it will jump up in speed and then slow down after 30 seconds. I replaced the fuel filter about a month ago, bled the fuel line, etc. Ran fine since then, but started this about a week ago. Any thoughts about what might cause this? What am I missing? Thanks in advance,

Dan

Not sure which fuel pump you have but some rotory pumps will act like that with a dirty fuel filter. You may want to change it again and make sure your fuel is not contaminated. Otherwise it will be an internal pump problem.
Also check that your fuel line from the tank is clear and your return line also.:)