Debaiting on trading in

/ Debaiting on trading in #11  
how big a hurry are you? sounds like you've got the fever :) best of luck

/ Debaiting on trading in
how big a hurry are you? sounds like you've got the fever :) best of luck
Kind of in a hurry, because the dealer gave me one heck of a trade in value on my tractor

/ Debaiting on trading in #13  
The new backhoe for the mt226 has a 8.5ft digging depth and over 3000lbs of bucket force. The little minis max out just under 6ft and as mentioned will have a little less power. I have never needed to dig over 6ft as of yet. Just a real pain taking the backhoe on and off even if it only takes 15-20 minutes. There are days ive had to take it on and off a few times, then there are days i have passed on doing a certain job because i was being lazy and didnt want to mess with the backhoe. Also not a fan of having to constantly get on and off to move the tractor while digging

That;s a good spec for the BH - you will need a 2 ton mini ex to get close. I dont understand the need to take the BH on and off at all - mine goes on in the spring and off in the fall. Unless you have a lot of 3PT implements to run?

If you get the MT226 and a mini excavator that's the best setup if you use a lot of 3 PT Implements.

That;s a good spec for the BH - you will need a 2 ton mini ex to get close. I dont understand the need to take the BH on and off at all - mine goes on in the spring and off in the fall. Unless you have a lot of 3PT implements to run?

If you get the MT226 and a mini excavator that's the best setup if you use a lot of 3 PT Implements.
Just looked and they have it listed at 3,600lb bucket force. Tym dosnt list numbers. Thats pretty strong for a compact tractor. Ive been switching alot, as i have been brush hogging , tilling, and reclaiming my pasture.

From some more digging. Those little 1 tons like said earlyer have a bucket break out force between 1300-1500lbs... booo

/ Debaiting on trading in #16  
I mean, why leave the TYM family? Arguably TYM has the best engine control setup of any manufacturer... Their non ECM mechanical diesel engines are in a class by themselves. They also beat on weight, lift capacity and lift height on the loaders.

I will admit, the LS tractors I tested before the TYM, were more refined in terms of fit and finish... But I really wanted a non ECM diesel. Now if you are staying at 25hp, no worries. I just wanted 48Hp so I could easily till a couple acres

Last edited:
I mean, why leave the TYM family? Arguably TYM has the best engine control setup of any manufacturer... Their non ECM mechanical diesel engines are in a class by themselves. They also beat on weight, lift capacity and lift height on the loaders.

I will admit, the LS tractors I tested before the TYM, were more refined in terms of fit and finish... But I really wanted a non ECM diesel. Now if you are staying at 25hp, no worries. I just wanted 48Hp so I could wait till a couple acres
Fit and finish is less than to be desired, as a welder my stomache turns every time i look at the welds on them. Product and parts support is terrible. Yes they have best in class lift, but bent cylinders are the norm. Im looking at the 25hp class to beat emissions, the ls is still non ecm, but it does have an electronic govener on the injection pump. Electronics are blown out of proportion any ways. Every new vehicle has a drive by wire throttle body, most have drive by wire steering and all have a ecm ,pcm and can bus system. I get people have the idea of a tractor being simple so it will last and they can fix by them selves. But the reality of it is these new compacts arnt grand dad 8n , farmall or massy. They will never last as long and more than likly will be traded off after about 10-15 years

Buy the bigger tractor that you want. But rent a real BH when you need it.....money saved to buy the bigger tractor.
I need some thing to dig with at home all the time. I just spent 2hours today doing backhoe work and clean up

/ Debaiting on trading in #20  
Fit and finish is less than to be desired, as a welder my stomache turns every time i look at the welds on them. Product and parts support is terrible. Yes they have best in class lift, but bent cylinders are the norm. Im looking at the 25hp class to beat emissions, the ls is still non ecm, but it does have an electronic govener on the injection pump. Electronics are blown out of proportion any ways. Every new vehicle has a drive by wire throttle body, most have drive by wire steering and all have a ecm ,pcm and can bus system. I get people have the idea of a tractor being simple so it will last and they can fix by them selves. But the reality of it is these new compacts arnt grand dad 8n , farmall or massy. They will never last as long and more than likly will be traded off after about 10-15 years

You mean bent cylinders are common on Kubota? Or all major brands with poor operators?

Not all new vehicles have a diesel with DPF and ECM to limp it. My motorcycle is throttle by wire... It's 100x more reliable than a diesel with a DPF and ECM 🤣