death of regular cab pickups

/ death of regular cab pickups #31  
I am a 2 door fan also. No matter what the vehicle. I like the look.
(Remember as a teenager you wouldn't be caught dead driving a FOUR door?)
Visibility and turning/parking is waaaay better. Cross box in back keeps the essentials out of the weather and also keeps the accumulation to a minimum.

/ death of regular cab pickups #32  
Interesting. Seems as though automakers are adding back seats and doors but making the beds shorter and that don't work for me as I use my F350 Ford pickup truck for a farm truck and I need an 8 foot bed and use it all the time. Actually, an even better option (though I don't want to spend the money) is a flat bed retrofit. I agree that the short bed 4 door trucks have their place (for soccer moms to cart groceries) but not here. Besides, I think they look corny.

Yep, totally corny.

20190919_123138.jpg

/ death of regular cab pickups #33  
I haven't owned a single cab truck for 20yrs. But I see their purpose.

/ death of regular cab pickups #34  
I've bought several new, regular cab pickups over the last few decades and it irks me that I always have to pay for a right hand side passenger seat. I don't need back seats either, thanks.

/ death of regular cab pickups #35  
I always assumed the ”backseat” was for tool storage.

Not sure if I have ever had a passenger back there. It stays laid down and full.
The back seat area would be for my dog, mostly...

/ death of regular cab pickups #36  
I recall sometime many years ago Ford offered a slightly extended cab with a skinny wing door on one side. There was maybe 6-12" more cab room for folks like me to easily carry some tools. They dropped it after a couple years.

/ death of regular cab pickups #37  
I recall sometime many years ago Ford offered a slightly extended cab with a skinny wing door on one side. There was maybe 6-12" more cab room for folks like me to easily carry some tools. They dropped it after a couple years.
Called a 'Super Cab'. I had one years ago.

/ death of regular cab pickups #38  
I've bought several new, regular cab pickups over the last few decades and it irks me that I always have to pay for a right hand side passenger seat. I don't need back seats either, thanks.
Must be a Canadian thing. Never paid extra for a seat. I have opted out of carpeting however. Like floor mats myself. Mine is an XLT so the carpet was standard but I deleted it. Carpet is just a place for moisture and filth to collect and cause rust.

/ death of regular cab pickups #39  
There's a F150 short bed in town with a slightly extended cab. Not sure about a door opening. Has an additional window on each side like a normal extended cab but it's only about 6" wide. Fairly new truck. I'm guessing 2010 or so. I think it would be very handy for a driver with a long inseam. Additionally you could throw your coat behind the seat.

/ death of regular cab pickups #40  
We split the difference and got what Toyota calls a 'double cab'. (The bigger one is called CrewMax) We keep the seats folded up and use that area to haul things that don't like the elements. Eventually, that will be for the dogs. Had to flip one down for the first time Saturday as we had dinner with our oldest and picked him up. It has a 6.5' bed, but 8' with tailgate down. Anything shorter for a bed and we may as well have just got an SUV. I can use the trailer if we need to haul something bigger. Once the house is finished, the truck will rarely go more than a few miles away.