death of regular cab pickups

/ death of regular cab pickups #52  
To get the CAT skid steer I want, the only legal truck to haul it is a single cab F350.

It seems equipment has again outpaced the truck and trailer market...not power wise, but suspension and DOT regulations on 26K limits.
Not following that? The ratings on 1 ton trucks are ridiculously high now. Regular cab 1 tons have the most towing capacity. And they immediately require a CDL…. if You have one with a light weight v8 gas motor it is even more. when I last looked the towing capacity of a reg cab 1 ton Ram was like 32K pounds…. That is 15k more than my 1 ton 4 door short box…

/ death of regular cab pickups #53  
To get the CAT skid steer I want, the only legal truck to haul it is a single cab F350.

It seems equipment has again outpaced the truck and trailer market...not power wise, but suspension and DOT regulations on 26K limits.

Not following that? The ratings on 1 ton trucks are ridiculously high now. Regular cab 1 tons have the most towing capacity. And they immediately require a CDL…. if You have one with a light weight v8 gas motor it is even more. when I last looked the towing capacity of a reg cab 1 ton Ram was like 32K pounds…. That is 15k more than my 1 ton 4 door short box…
Like the quote above says, ratings on one ton trucks are ridiculously high.

The neighbor hauls a cat skid steer in a 20 foot dump trailer with his 1 ton crew cab 8 foot box ram pick up.

/ death of regular cab pickups #54  

More like the 26k limit is holding you back. A F-350 is easily capable of pulling skid steer. Even the biggest ones at 12-13k on a 10 ton GN are within the ratings.

/ death of regular cab pickups #55  

I'm not following you.

I have a F350 crew that is over weight, but if I get a F350 single cab I'm fine.

/ death of regular cab pickups #56  
Cat 299 - 12k
F350 Crew - 9.5k
Trailer 5.5K
Total 27k

Cat 299 12K
F350 Single - 7.5k
Trailer 5.5k
Total 25K

/ death of regular cab pickups #57  
Cat 299 - 12k
F350 Crew - 9.5k
Trailer 5.5K
Total 27k

Cat 299 12K
F350 Single - 7.5k
Trailer 5.5k
Total 25K
Not how it works. You are overweight(26k) by rating not by actual weight…. Either one you are over 26k. Single is way worse because the rating is so high…

/ death of regular cab pickups #58  
Not how it works. You are overweight(26k) by rating not by actual weight…. Either one you are over 26k. Single is way worse because the rating is so high…
This is how it works in the DOT's eyes...

That is all that matters...

/ death of regular cab pickups #59  
This is how it works in the DOT's eyes...

That is all that matters...
Sorry no…it works by rating…. So they don’t have to pull a scale to ticket you, just look at the VIN tag…I used to think same as you, and after the 30 page thread and 15 calls to the DOT. I was convinced I, and you, were wrong.

/ death of regular cab pickups #60  
Are you sure those you see are available for sale? Most often I have found that they are already sold to fleets and are awaiting delivery.
They are for sale..Pick your colour