Date me

/ Date me #12  
I also seem to recall him in a movie called Summer Magic in the early 60s. Don't remember much about it, my sisters wanted to see it but weren't old enough to go alone so I got volunteered.
My mother was a fan of his.

/ Date me #13  
I remember the voice for the snowman on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

/ Date me #14  
He was in the movie The Big Country.

Good role.
Yes, I liked that movie, and have watched it more than once. And the first live professional stage act I ever went to see was Burl Ives in "Joshua Been and God" in Dallas when I was about 20 years old; more than 60 years ago. It was a one man show in which he played a preacher who put himself on equal footing with God.

/ Date me #15  
Boy, did I ever read the headline wrong!!! I thought somebody had gotten TBN confused with the "Personals" section of the local newspaper. :D

I remember Burl Ives mostly as the snowman in "Rudolph...", we also had a couple of 78 rpm kids records by him, but I don't remember what he was singing.

/ Date me #16  
Boy, did I ever read the headline wrong!!! I thought somebody had gotten TBN confused with the "Personals" section of the local newspaper. :D

I remember Burl Ives mostly as the snowman in "Rudolph...", we also had a couple of 78 rpm kids records by him, but I don't remember what he was singing.
Put his 78s on 33 and it’s the soundtrack for a horror movie!

/ Date me #18  
If we still had them (and a record player) I would try that.
You don't have a record player ! How can you listen to the latest music ,listen to a radio? :ROFLMAO: