CX 80 failure while bush hogging

/ CX 80 failure while bush hogging #1  

RickCX80

Tractor
Case CX80
I was bush hogging along and the PTO, power steering, and the lift all stopped working. The loader bucket is the only thing that still works! Trans Fluid is normal level. The engine runs fine and the tractor drives and shifts well, except for the lack of power steering. It has only 1600 hours on the tractor, which my dad bought new about 20 years ago.
The mechanics in the shop at the dealership told me it sounds like a transfer pump or something internal has failed, and will require splitting the tractor to repair. They told me to pull the hyd. filter element and see what kind of trash is in it. If its full of black plastic stuff its the transfer pump has failed catastrophically. I haven't pulled the filter yet.
Any insight or tips on what to check or information on this I would greatly appreciate.
thanks!

/ CX 80 failure while bush hogging #2  
Well, I guess everyone is spellbound, waiting for you to get around to checking that filter...

/ CX 80 failure while bush hogging #3  
Perhaps one tip would be checking the filter as the mechanics suggested. You could also check to see if this model has a screen in the hydraulic system.

/ CX 80 failure while bush hogging
Well, I guess everyone is spellbound, waiting for you to get around to checking that filter...
Sorry I haven't got around to doing that. I am a retired industrial/hydraulic mechanic with 42 years steel mill and coal mining background, but I know nothing about how these tractors work. Currently looking for a service manual for the tractor. It strikes me odd that everything hydraulic quit working, except for the loader.

/ CX 80 failure while bush hogging #5  
I had a skidder do that. The pieces were in the filter screen. It had a screen before the filter.

/ CX 80 failure while bush hogging #6  
Looks like you got 2 pumps, a main pump and a smaller lube pump