Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #21  
Attach a chain to trees and pull....what’s that?....there’s already a chain (linked fence) attached the trees?...perfect...that makes it easier!...pull on that.

Depending on soil, and how closely grouped or intertwined the 3”-5” in trees are, tree type, and their roots, can’t a decent size tractor rip out the trees by pulling on the chain linked fence?

It’s like a tree grabber that’s already connected. A solid pry bar woven through fence makes a good pull point. Pull toward far end of fence so you’re only pulling on one tree at a time and not all 2000’.

Granted a 5” tree might stop a tractor...depending on the type of tractor and tree. Pics would help.

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #22  
Attach a chain to trees and pull....what痴 that?....there痴 already a chain (linked fence) attached the trees?...perfect...that makes it easier!

Depending on soil, and how closely grouped or intertwined the 3?5 in trees are, tree type, and their roots, can稚 a decent size tractor rip out the trees by pulling on the chain linked fence?

I'll guess ... probably not:

Now the field fence and barbed wire will snap like uncooked spaghetti when you try to bend it. At some point since the original wire was put up 4 strands of low tensile barbed was added. That wire is rusty but still bends without breaking.

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence
You will be surprised at what a small dozer can accomplish in a day. Take out the easy stuff with what you have and leave the awful stuff for the dozer.

BTW, I have a $1000 tree and post puller and it will snap a small tree if I am not careful. Tree type, soil type and tractor capability play into how well it would work. Look at some YouTube videos to get a feel for it.

I am too old and lazy to spend a week to do what you need done. If my tree/post puller could not do the job, I would hire a dozer. I did that a few weeks ago as I had a few trees to clear for my 200 yard range that were too large. Cost me $125/hr and what he did in 2 hours would have taken me 2-3 days.

I also have a tree/post puller and used it for the first section which was 810'. The difference between that section and the 1800' section is the trees and bushes were smaller and not nearly as many. That smaller section took me a couple weeks to clear, haul the brush to the burn pile, pull the posts/ wire, roll the whole mess up and move to the scrap pile.

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #25  
Whenever pulling anything with a chain, I always drape a heavy cloth about half way on the chain. Prevents the chain from coming up on you if something lets loose. A young man nearby suffered severe brain damage when a chain snapped and hit him I the back of the head. Just sayin......

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #26  
Cut the non-fence side of the tree,, as deep as you dare,, maybe half way,,

With the tree weakened like that, pull the tree from the fence side with your tractor,,
the remaining uncut portion will snap like your tractor is a bulldozer,,

Trees HATE to be weakened,,

If you still can not snap it with your tractor, wait a year,, the bugs and insects will get in the cut,
the tree stump might fall over by itself if it is the right species,,

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #27  
++ on Japody post #25. When winching we ALWAYS lay on old wool Army blanket over the cable at or near the mid-point. I've seen a winch cable snap and come back. Cut the hood of a Jeep in half and smashed out the windshield. To this day - we have no idea how the driver of the Jeep survived.

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #28  
What would be a good for sawing them off at ground level? Carbide chainsaw chain? Something better? Can't afford to hire a bull dozer.

Long story short: Fire departments use chainsaws to cut holes for venting and ingress in addition to using circular saws. I would go with a carbide chain. Call up a fireman's supply company and tell them you need a chainsaw chain that cuts framing and nails. I'd say call Stihl USA but Germans don't build wood frame homes so that application would not be common in Germany or they might make a chain (from unobtanium [Ub])exactly for that purpose because..well, they're Germans.

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #29  
Stihl makes carbide chains. My dealer has offered them to me.

/ Cutting trees with imbedded woven wire fence #30  
Salvage people will pay be good money for fence wire trees they make stuff out of them,