cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture?

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #31  
I made a manure vacuum because we only have 4 horses, but you can buy commercial ones that will handle pretty large amounts of cattle and horse manure. It depends how much land and how many cattle and how much trouble you have with parasites. Depending on how hot and dry it gets where you are, dragging the manure may not help much controlling the parasites and may actually make it worse if the weather stays cool and damp.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #32  
I'd be interested in how you built a 3 pt frame. I pick up my drags with the front loader, get them in the arena, and then connect them to the back. A pain in the rear. One is a chain harrow and one is a chain link get.
Try using a boom pole. Here is one example.

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 8.30.57 AM.jpg

Bruce

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture?
I made a manure vacuum because we only have 4 horses, but you can buy commercial ones that will handle pretty large amounts of cattle and horse manure. It depends how much land and how many cattle and how much trouble you have with parasites. Depending on how hot and dry it gets where you are, dragging the manure may not help much controlling the parasites and may actually make it worse if the weather stays cool and damp.
Pretty dry here except when I irrigate. Our big problem is flys. I picked up a gadget called a durabull, it's built locally and it's for the cattle to rub against. While they do that it dispenses bug control on them. I was also informed that we will be getting chickens this morning so I think I'll have them in behind the cows as we move them paddock to paddock. I've heard good things doing that but I also doubt they can keep up with the poop machines we have.
Right now we are herd building, 7 with 2 on the way. It'll take a while unless I pick up a few more girls. Pretty sure the 2 yet to be born are bulls.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #36  
Try using a boom pole.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #37  
To spread after I clean out the sheep barn wih the bucket and a dump wagon, I run the bush hog over it. It doesn't work great, but better than nothing.

I think I'm starting to formulate a plan here. Since I hate leave my place these days, while out cleaning up stuff left here over the years I've found more that enough stuff to try a few of these ideas out. A little change up on the boom though. I use my 3 pt tow hitch for more than just towing, I made a fence roller out of a dead disk harrow axle and now I think I can weld something together to add a boom to it also. Hang the tires or chainlink but I think I saw a partially buried tooth harrow (?). If that what it is I have 3 ways to play around with it. :) The idea of being able to lift it completely off the ground will be helpful. Then using it to pop up young weeds would be great also. I freaking hate goat heads!

To spread after I clean out the sheep barn wih the bucket and a dump wagon, I run the bush hog over it. It doesn't work great, but better than nothing.
Right now I clean their pen by hand and put it into a compost pile, then turn it with blue. Then I move it to another location with green (faster) when the pile gets too big and it's time to start a new one. Comes out pretty fine with all the moving of it but I still need to figure out or buy something to spread it on the fields. Amazing how much poop 7 cows can generate in a short time, all while pooping out in the fields also. I might be too much of a clean freak to be a good farmer. :)