cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture?

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #21  
Ye' ol' landscape rake! I have one of those....one of my favorite attachments truth be told. I use mine for driveway work, dirt's grading and debris cleanup. Its action is similar to a spring tooth harrow but with a more dense set of fingers

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #22  
Do what all us poors do; grab a piece of hog panel, through a couple bricks on one end, use an old beat up piece of rope (must break at least twice during the process) to tie it to your fourwheeler or tractor, and zigzag all over that place.
Works too. I use a Fuerst tine harrow drag mat myself, with the tines facing forward. No rope here. I use a length of chain myself. Had it for about 15 years and no discernable wear on the tines.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture?
I like the idea of the landscape rake. Even though I found some stripped mattresses, chainlink fence and enough old oil pipe today to be able to weld something up. I've cable, tug rope and chain on hand for linking up. I have a 12.5 +/- area that I need to keep up on which is much better than last years boondoggle. Thinking with the landscape rake it'll thatch it also and if I pull one direction that'll make it easy to clean it up and run it to the compost... Thanks for the ideas, now to just implement one!

These are my pulling options. While the green one is very nice, I prefer to use the blue one most of the time. It just can't run the baler...
6CF84610-B259-473E-BAB0-D2A169417B5A.jpeg

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #25  
Just bolted together laying down,, if you get real rambunctious, you can add a second row.

If you bolted 5 together, pull from #2 and #4,, for a more even pull.
I use a cable as a drawbar, rather than chain. The 5/8" cable stays pretty rigid.
Illustrations:

tiredrags.jpg

To keep them from collecting rain water, you could cut off the bottom sidewall. It looks like the builder in the left photo did that

Bruce

Illustrations:

View attachment 736759
To keep them from collecting rain water, you could cut off the bottom sidewall. It looks like the builder in the left photo did that

Bruce
I like this also, could even let the grandkids "pretty" them up with some paint on the tires. Then I can just leave it in the bull pen and they can abuse them instead of my fence?

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #27  
I like this also, could even let the grandkids "pretty" them up with some paint on the tires. Then I can just leave it in the bull pen and they can abuse them instead of my fence?
Are your grandkids THAT hard on your fence?? :unsure: o_O

I fixed it so the grandkids had something to tear up,, and it is made out of tires,,
it is going on 4 years old,, and it is VERY popular,,

as welded (out of scraps)

TIRE TREE2.jpg

Painted, buried, and the tires going on.

TIRE TREE.jpg

It ended up with six tires,, and NO ONE has been on top of the top tires,,,,,, YET!!,,

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #28  
A harrow, fence panel or gate will work best to break up manure piles, however that also depends on what kind of manure piles. I built a 3 pt mounted arena rake that is basically a glorified spike tooth harrow with a drag bar on the back and it worked quite well on a horse pasture last week. Grass kind of bunched up on the teeth which made it drag and spread poop piles even better.
I'd be interested in how you built a 3 pt frame. I pick up my drags with the front loader, get them in the arena, and then connect them to the back. A pain in the rear. One is a chain harrow and one is a chain link get.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #29  
An old square toothed spike Harrow works well. I like the truck tire idea too, except when it is cleanup time. Perhaps leave them on the rims!

Are your grandkids THAT hard on your fence?? :unsure: o_O

I fixed it so the grandkids had something to tear up,, and it is made out of tires,,
it is going on 4 years old,, and it is VERY popular,,

as welded (out of scraps)

View attachment 736767

Painted, buried, and the tires going on.

View attachment 736766

It ended up with six tires,, and NO ONE has been on top of the top tires,,,,,, YET!!,,
LOL, I should have clarified, the bulls are hard on the fence. The grands found out the hard way it's electrified so they won't go near it. :) I have 3 that will be moving next door on a lot we put aside for them, I'll find out later how hard they are on things. Hopefully they want to learn this stuff while we do. I like the tire toys though...