cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture?

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #11  
Thanks, that a good explanation. There is a ton of different equipment out there that I have no clue what it's used for.
There's a lot of equipment out there thats been manufactured and even more stuff out there that's been home brewed and tossed together. My uncle still swears by an old school spring mattress with the bedding burned off, plywood on top and some cinder blocks tossed on for downward force.

In the end, it's what works and is in the budget. Chain drag harrows are nice because they also dethatch pastures and promote soil aeration.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture?
What is it you are trying to break up? Cow patties or Horse apples? Cow manure breaks up easier than horse manure. A piece of chain link fence about 6' x 6' minimum, 2 x 4s bolted together on 2 sides (total of 4 2 x 4s) and a piece of chain connecting to 1 pair of 2 x 4s works well. A couple of cinder blocks or any similar size rock on top helps. If it is horse manure you will end up collecting more of that into a pile than breaking it up, especially if it is dry. Cow manure shreds apart easy.
It sure didn't seem to break up easy! Some did. But cows patties with the occasional when my "neighbor" brings his horse down, but not much of that overall. Would a lead bar be good to use for pulling chain link? Some cheap at auction this week.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #13  
The chain link idea is a substitute for a drag chain harrow. Very similar concept without the last power

Using the culti-packer will do a better job than you sitting in a Lazy-Boy recliner,,
fence, panel, tires, culti-packer,,,,,,, anything will help.

I built a dedicated tool for this,, but, it was not perfect until I attached a set of dual wheel truck snow chains behind.
The snow chains work well because of the small size, and relatively heavy weight.

I saw a neighbor pulling 6 truck tires bolted together just this week,
the tires did a wonderful job,,
I would imagine the tires will last 60 years or more, no matter how much you pull them.
But a lazy boy is much more comfortable than a tractor on corrugated fields! :) The truck tire thing is interesting though, I have a crap load of tires that I've been finding and getting rid of here. I have a bunch of large ones left that I haven't tossed or turned into animal rubbing posts yet. Did he bolt the together flat or in the rolling position? Seems like it may be more maneuverable too. Last year I had no paddocks set up (had no cows until my wife decided to do an October surprise) and this year I have 6 of them so far with alley ways to work around. Retirement my butt! lol

There's a lot of equipment out there thats been manufactured and even more stuff out there that's been home brewed and tossed together. My uncle still swears by an old school spring mattress with the bedding burned off, plywood on top and some cinder blocks tossed on for downward force.

In the end, it's what works and is in the budget. Chain drag harrows are nice because they also dethatch pastures and promote soil aeration.
I actually like that mattress idea, I found two here already de-bedded. If I start buying too much equipment there will be no budget, this "farm/ranch" won't produce an income for another couple years so right now it's just a great sucking sound. Still not sure how anyone can make any money doing this unless they are born into it. I've picked up a couple homemade items already and they are rather cleaver in design for the function. I'm just running out of places to put stuff!

The chain link idea is a substitute for a drag chain harrow. Very similar concept without the last power
I was also thinking something like that could be hung on the wall when not in use... OK, After I build a wall to hang it on. :)

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #17  
Did he bolt the together flat or in the rolling position? Seems like it may be more maneuverable too.
Just bolted together laying down,, if you get real rambunctious, you can add a second row.

If you bolted 5 together, pull from #2 and #4,, for a more even pull.
I use a cable as a drawbar, rather than chain. The 5/8" cable stays pretty rigid.

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #18  
If you want to multi-task, you can get this,, spread the piles, and pick up the rocks at the same time!!,,,,,,,,,,

qB9wjJg.jpg

You could travel fast with this,, and it REALLY spreads manure nicely. Only, it is not free,,,,,,,,, :unsure:

If you want to multi-task, you can get this,, spread the piles, and pick up the rocks at the same time!!,,,,,,,,,,

qB9wjJg.jpg

You could travel fast with this,, and it REALLY spreads manure nicely. Only, it is not free,,,,,,,,, :unsure:
I like it. One thing I don't have a problem with is rocks! Now that I've said that I'll start find veins everywhere. LOL

/ cutipacker for breaking up manure in pasture? #20  
That rake is 7 feet wide, and I can easily pull it with my JD 650 which is only 14 pto horsepower.
I was using it behind the JD 4105 in that pic because I had to go down the road a ways,,
the 4105 goes faster on the road.
That rake is also phenomenal for gravel,, and then,, for a little snow,,,,,,,,,,,,

ayLQTXt.jpg

either tractor will pull the rake,,,,,,

GkElNmi.jpg