Custom Baling

/ Custom Baling
Thanks everyone for all your help. I'm going tomorrow to look at some hay equipment.

/ Custom Baling
Well i bit the bullet yesterday and bought a John Deere 337 square baler. It's a twine model in great shape. I'm going monday to buy a tractor, mower, and rake. All at great deals.

/ Custom Baling #43  
matt21 said:
Well i bit the bullet yesterday and bought a John Deere 337 square baler. It's a twine model in great shape. I'm going monday to buy a tractor, mower, and rake. All at great deals.

Congrats on your new baler. Post a few photos when you get a chance.

Last week I thought I had a shot at a JD baler. It turned out to be one of those 1950 vintage balers with the Wisconsin on-board engine. It dumped the bales to the left side of the baler. It was in pretty bad shape and was a wire model (I want twine). And I prefer the pto-driven balers. So I passed on that "collectable".

On the way home I stopped in a farm and feed store and checked out their pre-owned haying equipment. Had good luck. Made a deal on a nice 8-ft cultipacker ($600)

DSCF0086Small.jpg

and a JD 350 side delivery rake (3 pt model, pto driven, $800)

DSCF0090Small.jpg

DSCF0093Small.jpg

They're pretty fully restored and are field ready.

Gonna use these with the new Mahindra 5525 and the 1964 MF-135 diesel.

I have 7 of my 10 acres in pasture that will become a hayfield later this year.
Still need a small square baler and a 10-ft grain drill to go with my 2-14 plow, 7 ft tandem disc and 6-ft sicklebar mower.

Haying is fun, fun, fun (so far).