Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some #11  
Great thoughts! I come here, too for peoples thoughts on buying/selling issues.
You’ll find most people here are helpful. Reviews on line are helpful, but sometimes not applicable to our own unique situations. I operate both small and large equipment, so I find this place mostly on the helpful side.

As far as the extra features you brought up “flip a switch….” Those items are nice, but they will eventually break. So will a manual lever that does the same thing as the electric switch. Might just take a bit longer. Its a trade off. If you think you will grow in size (as I did), consider trade-in values on your purchase, too.
? Will it be a popular choice among a field of prospective buyers should I upgrade later?
Generally speaking I find more features equals better resale value. Most people like features and ease of operation.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some #12  
Awesome first post. I think there is a lot of "mine has to be the right one or I wasted my money" but there's a lot of others (I think I'm in this category) that have a bias based on their limited experience with one to three brands. I don't think there's a tractor out there that "wins" every category, some do really well in a lot of categories and it's always a trade off. So like you said, research upfront and do the best you can to avoid the noise.

I think one thing I'd caution a new buyer on is an economy or entry level unit. JD has the E series and now Kubota with the LX, not sure about equivalents from other manufactures. These units are often beefed up in some areas to bump up a specific number/capacity/capability/accessory but that sacrifices other areas, tractors are pretty long term investments and looking ahead is a good idea.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some #13  
I bought my first tractor - brand new Ford 1700 4WD - in 1982. We had just moved onto the 80 acres & built a new house. The driveway is a mile long, gravel. I knew I would need something to clear snow - maintain the driveway. The Ford did just great for the snow - a tad small for summer driveway maintenance. Couldn't pull a heavy enough rear blade.

I upgraded in 2009 with a brand new Kubota M6040. I had 27 years of very specific experience on my driveway and property. I knew exactly what I wanted and needed.

Yes - there are a very few times I wish for a bigger or smaller tractor. Seldom does one get the perfect implement.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some
Tractor Heads; I believe I have finally hit the point in which the NS6010 is the one that’s going to make it final.

To those who suggested I take a longer look; I’m glad I did. Closing in on a decision. Just taking my time.

Thanks to all! I’ll be glad when this decision making is over and My purchase is complete.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some #15  
I think that NS series is going to be a hit! Don't wait too long now that you have decided.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some #16  
Tractor Heads; I believe I have finally hit the point in which the NS6010 is the one that’s going to make it final.

To those who suggested I take a longer look; I’m glad I did. Closing in on a decision. Just taking my time.

Thanks to all! I’ll be glad when this decision making is over and My purchase is complete.
I'm interested in the NS series, but would like to see one before pulling the trigger. Unfortunately all the dealers around me have no idea when they will see one.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some #17  
Ninja, if I was looking for that size of tractor (40 to 60 hp) the NS is what I would be looking at myself. Looks like just the right amount of features but still being old school. My current tractor is a Ford 601 WorkMaster (1958) so I know what old school is. But I'm about to find out what it's like to have power steering, live pto, loader and such. I have a CK3510SE open station with the third function installed on order that should arrive in the next couple of months. I have been researching and looking at updating since 2004 or so looking at the CK27, CK30, CK35 and Dk35 back then. Don't think I could ever sell the old Ford 601. Raised my kids on that tractor. Bought it in 1987, the same year my Son was born. Did a complete engine rebuild on it that first year. He will probably end up with both tractors down the road. I just hope the Kioti gives me as much enjoyment as the old 601 has.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some
I hate this. So much. One minute mind is made up, the next it's not.

So; doctors...... let me introduce you to my dilemma:

Went to dealer who got a shipment of NS models. However; not an NS6010. NS5310.

So; the attachment with two items in yellow are the only differences. I could use the money difference for attachments if I went with the NS5310. Oye. Decisions suck lol

Attachments

• Tractor compare.JPG
    Tractor compare.JPG
    745 KB · Views: 137
I'm interested in the NS series, but would like to see one before pulling the trigger. Unfortunately all the dealers around me have no idea when they will see one.
I got to see some yesterday. Nice.

/ Currently In Decision Phase - Tons Of Info To Be Had - Hopefully This Helps Some #20  
I suppose that's where being personally and preferentially locked into a single brand is a huge advantage.