Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #171  
Your preaching to the choir, I have tried to make the same point in several posts!

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #172  
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #173  
don't forget the air quality in Pakistan or India. prob the worst in the world. anyone booking a trip to New Delhi or Mumbai lately?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #174  
don't forget the air quality in Pakistan or India. prob the worst in the world. anyone booking a trip to New Delhi or Mumbai lately?
Noted!
But what we import from Pakistan is minuscule compared to China. India is growing quite fast
And American manufacturing companies aren’t leaving places like Columbus Ohio and other rust belt cities for Pakistan, either.

I mean the shuttered industry in the USA is like, wow, epic.

But I’m sure it’s all “corporate greed” :giggle:

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #175  
correct on that. India is destroying itself through industrialization, & i believe the most populated nation in the world?
a dangerous combination.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #176  
I have absolutely no desire to go to those countries…

My boss threatened to send me to China a couple of times when we were thinking about partnering with China on a couple of ventures, fortunately the president of the company got his wits about himself and realized that they would just end up stealing out tech and then start to complete against us….

Then I retired and now no one other than potus can threaten me

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #177  
I’d rather compensate farmers 8 billion than see legacy US industrial giants die off costing our economy trillions, wouldn’t you?
You like your Cummins engines, right? You want to see them made in China? Cause that’s what Cummins is going to do if they keep getting sued, while China allows the polluting and slave

So who is going to work in these new factories? Full employment and we can’t even keep a full workforce in the oil fields at $50/hour wages. Ag products are one of America’s largest exports. We shouldn’t be destroying that and the steel fabrication industry with tariffs.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #178  
So who is going to work in these new factories? Full employment and we can’t even keep a full workforce in the oil fields at $50/hour wages. Ag products are one of America’s largest exports. We shouldn’t be destroying that and the steel fabrication industry with tariffs.

Well, I’d like to throw my arms up and surrender like you cause that would be easy, but instead, I’d like to start new programs in secondary schools to encourage kids to take up jobs working with their hands and tamp down the Ivy league criticism of kids that want to do that, too.

I’d suggest the tarriffs again until the Chinese comply. Yes, there will be pain, but the alternative is worse. Loss of entire swaths of industry and energy production. Lost national security. Your son will be tossing Chinese artillery shells in a Chinese built artillery cannon guided by Chinese built electronics.

If we don’t, you’ll be getting your next Cummins and pretty much everything else from China.

You want that?

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #179  
Well, I’d like to throw my arms up and surrender like you cause that would be easy, but instead, I’d like to start new programs in secondary schools to encourage kids to take up jobs working with their hands and tamp down the Ivy league criticism of kids that want to do that, too.

I’d suggest the tarriffs again until the Chinese comply. Yes, there will be pain, but the alternative is worse.

If we don’t, you’ll be getting your next Cummins and pretty much everything else from China.

You want that?
You do realize you are beating your head on a concrete wall don’t you?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #180  
You do realize you are beating your head on a concrete wall don’t you?

Nah, if I can reach just one person.….actually, if WE can ALL reach just ONE person, it’s worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.