Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #161  
Nothing about starting to get it. Of course China has a price advantage over the U.S. with lower production costs. And they are paying a big price with their society being poisoned with no air quality and lax safety standards.

And if their population protests, they get run over by tanks, or their doorframes welded shut.

Their products will always be cheaper to produce than the U.S. or Western European countries. And we either buy from China or we make products locally at a much higher cost. This is a fundamental choice that so far seems to be tilted in favor of low cost Chinese products.
I gues you are OK with that, but many Americans are waking up and are not.

The tariffs were a huge failure in that they resulted in higher steel and other product costs in the U.S. Even US steel companies raised their costs, which in turn raised costs of U.S. fabricated products. Tariffs also resulted in a Chinese boycott of U.S. agricultural products.

What is the solution?
1. Make everything domestically and pay higher costs? Where do we find these workers when the U.S. is nearing full employment?

So it’s plainly obvious you just advocated for thousands more illegals per day to cross the border to, in your words, “find these workers”.

2. Make everything domestically but have no environmental or safety standards so our air and water is as poisoned as China’s? And no safety standards for workers.

Chinese air & water pollution gets outside their borders. My suggestion is to boycott their substandard junk and force them to comply with our standards. Sounds like you are on record to keep things status quo: USA/Europe meet strict standards and higher input costs while they destroy water/air quality, but we buy all their lower price junk.
We meet all the rules and they don’t, but they get a free pass to sell everything they make to everyone in the world?

Thats like saying 2 football teams play each other, but one team has to play with concrete shoes on, and the other gets to wear lightweight cleats.
There are no easy solutions, but the simple tariffs of the former administration were a failure.

I like the tariffs better than the way things are going now. We can find other markets for our food, although that may get tough with your new buddies (Bill gates, et al) forcing lab-grown meat on us through a private/gov___ment partnership (some call that fascism)
another plus for China.

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #162  
Shouldn’t you be out makin hay or workin on a dump truck?

😉

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #163  
And if their population protests, they get run over by tanks, or their doorframes welded shut.

I gues you are OK with that, but many Americans are waking up and are not.

So it’s plainly obvious you just advocated for thousands more illegals per day to cross the border to, in your words, “find these workers”.

Chinese air & water pollution gets outside their borders. My suggestion is to boycott their substandard junk and force them to comply with our standards. Sounds like you are on record to keep things status quo: USA/Europe meet strict standards and higher input costs while they destroy water/air quality, but we buy all their lower price junk.
We meet all the rules and they don’t, but they get a free pass to sell everything they make to everyone in the world?

Thats like saying 2 football teams play each other, but one team has to play with concrete shoes on, and the other gets to wear lightweight cleats.

I like the tariffs better than the way things are going now. We can find other markets for our food, although that may get tough with your new buddies (Bill gates, et al) forcing lab-grown meat on us through a private/gov___ment partnership (some call that fascism)
another plus for China.
You sure like to jump to conclusions regarding my thoughts. I never said anything about illegals. I said we have full employment and labor shortages. This could be a reason why we’re not going to see big increases in manufacturing unless it’s by robotics. The tariffs were a failure and we ended up compensating farmers with $8 billion of our tax dollars to stabilize the agricultural sector. I’m not responding to the rest of your random rants. You jump to conclusions about “my buddies” and other nonsense. Focus.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #164  
It seems to me there is plenty of “jumping to conclusions” to go around on both sides…..

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #165  
You sure like to jump to conclusions regarding my thoughts. I never said anything about illegals. I said we have full employment and labor shortages. This could be a reason why we’re not going to see big increases in manufacturing unless it’s by robotics. The tariffs were a failure and we ended up compensating farmers with $8 billion of our tax dollars to stabilize the agricultural sector. I’m not responding to the rest of your random rants. You jump to conclusions about “my buddies” and other nonsense. Focus.
I’d rather compensate farmers 8 billion than see legacy US industrial giants die off costing our economy trillions, wouldn’t you?
You like your Cummins engines, right? You want to see them made in China? Cause that’s what Cummins is going to do if they keep getting sued, while China allows the polluting and slave labor.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #166  
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #167  
The older I get the worse I hate working out in the nasty weather

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #168  
The older I get the worse I hate working out in the nasty weather

Maybe I’ll go work on my USA made Cummins to keep it running longer. I really think my next one will be made in China.

You can come up with your own conclusions as to why Cummins moves there…..

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #169  
lol. It wasn’t you I was trying to beat over the head with that statement.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #170  
I’m just trying to make the point that this country is punishing/fining the very companies that are leaving the USA for China because both countries have vastly different playing fields (pollution standards).

Like, what’s the goal? Make nothing in the USA? Should we start building military equipment in China? Oh wait, we already do that. 🙃

I’ll bet a six-pack Cummins is discussing moves more production to China, more US made industry lost, more American skilled labor lost and more tax base lost, because of that fine.

But hey, the EPA gets their money and thats great :giggle: :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.